Sunday, January 4, 2009

In-Class Syntax Blogging 1: S & CD Sentences


For this exercise, you must (1) type 10 simple sentences, 5 of which have one prepositional phrase and 5 of which have two prepositional phrases; and (2) 10 compound sentences of varying length. Remember the eight coordinating conjunctions you need to make compound sentences: "and, or, for, nor, but, so, yet, ;". With syntax variety, you will be smarter and your writing will be better (hey--I just typed a compound sentence right there.)
This picture is of Prof. Mark Van Wienen, a former Augustana writing teacher I learned a lot from/with (now at Northern Illinois).
DUE SATURDAY NIGHT 10:00 P.M. IF YOU DO NOT FINISH DURING CLASS.

100 comments:

Mr. Matt Christensen said...

(1) SIMPLE
Ralph and Jack explore throughout the jungle.
Piggy sits on the log near the beach.
Over the clouds and under the moon an albatross flies.

(2) COMPOUND
Simon flinched; Roger had pretended to throw a punch at Simon.
Maurice happily ate pineapple, but Percival wanted pork chops.

kaylee k said...

Period 1.

(1)SIMPLE.
-I pushed the button.
-He watched the television.
-The cow jumped over the moon.
-The Unicorns talked to the leoplerodon.
-Kyera cannot put videos on the internet.

-The pink gorilla cannot run in a blizzard or in crowded hallways.
-The students typed simple sentences and complex sentences.
-The pen can write on paper and on cardboard.
-He can wear his hair up or his hair down.
-She falls asleep in government class and in advanced algebra.

(2)COMPOUND.
-Kyera sat on her couch on Saturday, and Kaylee was running around the mall.
-Baade aksed for help on his sentences, but Kaylee didn't need any.
-Josh's screen was flipped upside down, so Karn flipped the moniter upside down.
-The students worked vigrously; the teacher walked around helping them.
-Josh is confuzzled, so Kaylee helped him.
-Kaylee sneezed; Josh and Nicole discussed the oddness of her sneezes.
-Rachel made an odd noise; Kaylee and Josh were startled.
-Chris bought a helium tank, and Breanna had to much fun.
-The unicorns went to Candy Mountain, and the letters sang a song.
-This is a simple sentence; now it is a compound sentence.

Anonymous said...

(1) Simple
-Jonny went to climb the mountain.
-Lisa tans in the backyard.
-Becky eats her chicken noodle soup.
-Billy fishes from the rocks.
-Chase went to play football.
-Wendy was amoung the large group of girls at the tryout.
-Bob went to the game a player and came home a champion.
-Austin threw the ball to Darren and scored a touchdown.
-Darren caught the ball and ran it into the endzone.
-Alex found rocks in the field and loaded them onto a trailer.

(2) Compound
-Scott was watching the water and jumped in to save the drowning child.
-Ashley talked to everyone and let them know her feelings on everything.
-Roger jumped; Spencer threw a dodgeball at his feet.
-Harry flew on his broomstick looking for the golden snitch to end the game of quiditch.
-Kayla fell into the water; after the huge wave wiped her off her surf board.
-Erin fell; Katie stuck out her foot and triped her.
- Tanner pretended to throw a ball at chase and he flinched so much he fell over.
-Sam fell; after he slipped while trying to kick the ball.
-Josh prayed for the family after the tragedy in there lives.
-Jessi slipped on the ice so she couldnt walk for a few days.

Jesse W said...

Simple Sentences
1. The bird flew over the house.
2. Cara tried to hide under the table.
3. Anna and bobby went to prom in a limo.
4. The cat chased the mouse around the room.
5. The teacher took attendance during class.
6. Jessi walked the dog around the block and through the woods.
7. kayla ran up the stairs and slid down the slide.
8. tara flew the plane above the clouds then below the clouds.
9. Inside her house, emily played with the kids.
10. Instead of chocolate, chelsey prefers vanilla pudding with her dessert pizza.

Compound Sentences
1. kelsey threw the ball but jenny caught it.
2. Nick plays football and joey plays tennis.
3. Adam bite the apple and lost a tooth.
4. Mark bought karlee a new phone so karlee gave him a big hug.
5. Chris loves chocolate, yet he wont drink chocolate milk.
6. katie drank her pop and ate her sandwich.
7. Andy smelled like dead animals after a long day of hunting so he went and took a nice long shower.
8. The dog jumped for the couch, but landed on the ground.
9. The picture was taken a week ago, but Angie just got it developed yesterday.
10. Toby studied all night for the test, but he failed the test.

Brittany S said...

pd.1
I ran around the tree.
She stood on top of the snow mountain.
Garrett jumped onto the rock.
He was in from of the house.
Kaiden hid underneath the table.

She ran inside the house and into her room.
James walked along the river and past the dam.
The rabbit hid among the bushes, between the trees.
He searched near the house and around the yard for his dog.
The puppy was hiding inside of the box behind the bed.

Julie was jumping on the bed and Nicole was jumping on the couch.
Jack is hunting for ducks and David was hunting for pheasants.
Charlie crawled around the house, but Addison walked around the house.
Tripp wandered through the valley and Landon strolled through the valley.
He hid inside the closet and she hid underneath the bed.
Down by the river Jessica ran, yet through the park Adam ran.
Harrison stood on top of the cliff and Emily stood beneath the cliff.
Isabelle yelled across the room, so Natalie whispered to her friend.
Jacob danced with Sarah, so Ashley danced with Roger.
Dane leapt off the rock into the river, and Chris avoided running into the rock.

Brittany S said...

in front of.. [2nd simple sentence]

Nicole said...

1. With the help from the wind, the boat sailed home. (2)
Through the blizzard, the boy lost his way. (1)
Around the tree, the chipmunk ran. (1)
Through the bushes, the dog fetched the bone. (1)
At the ball park, the man hit a homerun. (1)
Around the track, the horse galloped. (1)
Through the wind and rain, the boy ran around the house. (2)
Along the log, the chipmunk chased a bug in the sun. (2)
On the rough seas, the boat tipped and swayed with the brute force of the storm. (2)
Beside the still lake, the boy laughed with happiness. (2)

2. The boy is honest, yet he likes to cheat on his girlfriend.
Brett was laughing, but Brittany didn’t find the joke very funny.
Baade continued to paint the master piece, but he then forgot to finish his math homework.
The boy was late, for he forgot to set his alarm.
The girl worked very hard on the project, so she was awarded first place.
Brett loves to ride motorcycles, but he doesn’t realize the danger.
Julie loves to dance, yet she finds it hard having to maintain a steady job.
Brittany works very hard on her essay, but she forgets to finish her biology.
The painting sat on display, but no one found the true meaning to buy it.
Brett drives to Brandon, and forgets to tell his mother.

Josh B said...

Period 1

1.The dog played in the yard.
2.The kid threw the ball.
3.The cat fell off the chair.
4.Kyera forgot to put the video on the internet.
5.Alex can't type sentences on the computer.
6.The dog couldn't pull the sled on the snow or in the grass.
7.I can draw on paper and paint on paper.
8.Kaylee has to run around the mall and through the mall.
9.The cat hid under the bed across the room.
10.McMurphy is brave on the ward and off the ward.

1.Kaylee ran around the mall while I sat on the couch.
2.Kaylee sneezed, so we talked about the peculiar sound it made.
3.Rachel made an odd noise and we jumped.
4.The dog jumped off the bed when the cat ran across the hallway.
5.We bought a helium tank and everyone had more fun.
6.I sounded an airhorn, so everyone jumped.
7.I ran around in a pink gorilla suit, so everyone laughed.
8.I stayed awake in english class, but I fell asleep in chemistry.
9.Kaylee held up a pen, so I knocked it out of her hand.
10.There is a show at Augustana, so we went to it.

Anonymous said...

Period 1

Simple:
Jake jumps out of the boat.
Alex runs over the defender.
Keyman dominates video games with his controller in his house.
Chase runs through the window into his room.
Jaron hid behind the tree and shot at the geese.

Compound:
Alex happily ran, but Chase loved to walk.
Jake jumped back in fear, Rocky had thrown a punch at Jake.
Dather hated to watch movies, but Rocky loved to watch them.
Alex happily swam, but Chase was afraid to swim.
Jake ran over the defender, but Chase got blocked by one.
Alex lifted a lot of weight, so Alex began to grow larger.
Trevor was being blocked by three lineman, but Trevor still sacked the QB.
Levi hurdled over the fence, but he fell on the ice.
Alex ran to the pole, but he hit his head on the pole.
Keyman made a ham sandwich, and he ate it the same night.

Anonymous said...

pd. 1st

10 simple sentences

Chase scored 35 points in the Target Center.

I ran through the wall.

Bill jumped into the air.

Fred flew in a plane.

Jake Edwards does cross bones on the football field.

Fred was at the mall with a friend.

Adam Dather ran through the defense and into the end zone.

Tanner Thie is the best at Call of Duty in the universe.

Some students like to study in the mornings.

Mike fell into a hole from 20 feet above.

10 Compound Sentences

I tried to speak Spanish, and my friend tried to speak English.

Chase played football, so Lindsey went shopping.

Tanner played video games, and Jordan played basketball.

I ran a marathon, but didn't finish due to dehydration.

Batman is a hero, and he is successful in catching the criminals in his city.

Chase will play football at Texas, or he'll go to USC.

Bob ran fast, yet he didn't win the race.

I was lazy, so my homework didn't get done.

I went to Huron, and watched the Lynx basketball team.

Chase puked agasint O'Gorman, yet still managed to dominate them.

Jaron A said...

Pd.1

Simple
1. With their big wings, geese are amazing flyers!
2. Beyond the hills, Bigfoot lays on a rock.
3. Tanner plays hockey with his buddies.
4. Jaron kills geese without his Dad.
5. With its amazing introduction and body, Lord of the Flies is a startling novel.
6. Jaron slides on some ice.
7. Behind the couch, Jaron plays quietly, without his mom hearing.
8. Jake kills geese, without Jarons help and without anybodys help.
9. Chase powerlifts weights, past school records and beyond South Dakota State lifting records.
10. During a gaming session, Tanner plays hockey between his friends.

Compound
1. Simon blows the goose call, yet most of the boys blow the duck call.
2. Jaron kills alot of geese but Jake kills just a couple.
3. Tanner plays more hockey yet Jaron is still better than him.
4. Jake is huge but Chase is stronger than him.
5. Because of his Dad, Jaron is a good skier but Jarons Dad is still better.
6. Adam plays Xbox and Tanner plays PS3.
7. Mr. Christensen is brilliant and Jaron is now getting smarter.
8. Jordan Simon is a good goose caller but Tyson Keller is even better.
9. South Dakota State College does not have a good buisness degree but University of South Dakota does have a good buisness degree.
10. Keyman can catch the ball but Darren can catch the ball better.

Jaron A said...

Pd.1

Simple
1. With their big wings, geese are amazing flyers!
2. Beyond the hills, Bigfoot lays on a rock.
3. Tanner plays hockey with his buddies.
4. Jaron kills geese without his Dad.
5. With its amazing introduction and body, Lord of the Flies is a startling novel.
6. Jaron slides on some ice.
7. Behind the couch, Jaron plays quietly, without his mom hearing.
8. Jake kills geese, without Jarons help and without anybodys help.
9. Chase powerlifts weights, past school records and beyond South Dakota State lifting records.
10. During a gaming session, Tanner plays hockey between his friends.

Compound
1. Simon blows the goose call, yet most of the boys blow the duck call.
2. Jaron kills alot of geese but Jake kills just a couple.
3. Tanner plays more hockey yet Jaron is still better than him.
4. Jake is huge but Chase is stronger than him.
5. Because of his Dad, Jaron is a good skier but Jarons Dad is still better.
6. Adam plays Xbox and Tanner plays PS3.
7. Mr. Christensen is brilliant and Jaron is now getting smarter.
8. Jordan Simon is a good goose caller but Tyson Keller is even better.
9. South Dakota State College does not have a good buisness degree but University of South Dakota does have a good buisness degree.
10. Keyman can catch the ball but Darren can catch the ball better.

Anonymous said...

Tanner ran into the woods.

Jaron died in his sleep.

Jake lifts hardcore at the weight room.

Jordan scored 0 points in Brookings.

Alex loves playing football in his backyard.

___________________________________

Marion put the puck in the net five times in the Excel Energy Center.

John Hancock was on top of his game signing on the Declaration of Independence.

On Christmas Jaron ran his truck into a gas station.

Jake Edwards is worst at COD in the state.

With no eyes you would be the worst goalie on the planet.
___________________________________

compound

I play hockey, and Alex plays football.

Jake is fat, and Jaron is skinny.

Xbox attracts weird people, and Playstation attracts normal people.

Xbox breaks down alot, so people buy a Playstation.

Pigs are slobs, yet people have them as pets.

Dogs are friendly, so let them in the house.

Augustana is ridiculously expensive, so im not going there.

Shane hates school, nor does he like playing mario cart.

Mario Cart takes alot of talent, so only the best can play it.

My bed is so comfy, so im going to go take a nap in it.

Kyera N said...

period 1

-simple-
1.The cat walked through the door.
2.The cow sat on the log.
3.Baade flipped the computer on the desk.
4.Kaylee talked with the unicorn named Charlie.
5.Mom said that she is going to the store.
6.The dog walked through the yard and past the gate.
7.The baby crawled around the ball, towards the ice cream.
8.The teacher talked about the grammer lesson to the class.
9.I payed for gas with a card.
10.Bob jumped through the door onto the grass.

-compound-
1.The frog jumped around the pond happily and the toad sat on the rock.
2.The pencil sat on the table but the pen fell to the floor.
3.Tom tried to eat the mouse so Jerry ran away.
4.The spider spoke to the pig and wilbur was surprised.
5.Pooh and Piglet were walking in the forest and tigger scared them.
6.Baade sat in the closet with a airhorn and I walked into the room unaware of his actions.
7.Chris watched the movie; Kyera played with the dog.
8.Tessa and Leah glide while ice skating and I fall down.
9.Seth decorated the icecream cake; I sold it later.
10.Baade sleds with the big pink gorilla suit so his friends take many pictures.

Kyera N said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jake E said...

pd.1

The ball went through the window.
Mike McCoy ran over Rocky.
Rocky threw a knock out punch at Mike.
Chase Douglas got the fumble and ran it through the goal line.
Alex threw a hundred pound weight out the room.

Tanner Thie broke through the door and threw his controller on the ground.
Jaron Anderson hid behind a tree then shot towards the geese.
Rocky ran to the boxing ring showing Mike McCoy that he would go down without a fight.
Jaron sat in his tree stand waiting for the deer.
To get to the house you must go around the corner.


Mike McCoy threw Rocky in the air and made him very mad.
We shot the pheasant but it ran away from us.
Chase Douglas was being blocked by three lineman, yet he still gets the sack.
Jaron shot the goose but somebody else claimed it.
I made the work bench for my garage.
Tanner Thie was very mad with his PS3 so he picked it up and threw it against the wall.
Jaron did not right his paper nor did he finish his test.
In baseball you can let the ball hit and do nothing or you can charge the mound.
You can try and shoot the goose or you can let Jaron shoot it.
Mike got hit and he hit him back with lots of power.

Jake E said...

pd.1

The ball went through the window.
Mike McCoy ran over Rocky.
Rocky threw a knock out punch at Mike.
Chase Douglas got the fumble and ran it through the goal line.
Alex threw a hundred pound weight out the room.

Tanner Thie broke through the door and threw his controller on the ground.
Jaron Anderson hid behind a tree then shot towards the geese.
Rocky ran to the boxing ring showing Mike McCoy that he would go down without a fight.
Jaron sat in his tree stand waiting for the deer.
To get to the house you must go around the corner.


Mike McCoy threw Rocky in the air and made him very mad.
We shot the pheasant but it ran away from us.
Chase Douglas was being blocked by three lineman, yet he still gets the sack.
Jaron shot the goose but somebody else claimed it.
I made the work bench for my garage.
Tanner Thie was very mad with his PS3 so he picked it up and threw it against the wall.
Jaron did not right his paper nor did he finish his test.
In baseball you can let the ball hit and do nothing or you can charge the mound.
You can try and shoot the goose or you can let Jaron shoot it.
Mike got hit and he hit him back with lots of power.

Anonymous said...

Simple:
(1) Jim and Steve enjoy eating ice cream.

(2) Charles ran on to the basketball court.

(3) Brad got on the plane.

(4) Alex sat on the weight bench.

(5) Alex put up five hundred pounds twenty-one times at the gym.

(6) Chase Douglas weaves through and around the defense.

(7) Alex injects the steroids in his right arm, not in his left arm.

(8) Chase makes the shot from three-quarter court, with ease.

(9) I barely made it out of bed today.

(10) Sumner can throw the ball from one endzone to the other.

Compound:
(1) Brett threw four interceptions, but the team still won the game.

(2) Austin threw for six hundred and ninety-four yards, and Brandon Valley won the game.

(3) McFadden had a great sophomore season, but was robbed of the Heisman.

(4) Tim Tebow scored twenty-two rushing touchdowns, but most were within the 5-yard line.

(5) Adam was tired, but he managed to stay awake.

(6) Charles Barkley was a great basketball player, so he thought he could also do well at golf.

(7) Charles was very wrong, but he kept playing anyway.

(8) The Arkansas basketball team was not expected to be any good, but so far they have surprised a lot of people.

(9) Alex put too much weight on the bar, so it broke in half as he lifted it.

(10) Douglas plays C.O.D. with an intense passion, so he always leads the team to victory.

Alex W said...

Period 1

(1) Simple
-The dog jumps over the cat.
-The dog runs through the tunnel.
-The man swims through the water.
-James walks around the bench.
-Hector explores next to the forest
--The dog jumps around the ball and under bridge.
--The man rolls on the floor with his pet.
--Under the box, the cat claws on the carpet
--In the clothes basket, the cat jumps over the shoe.
--under the moon, the dog howls next to his home

(2) Compound
-The man runs but the police man stops him.
-The dog jumps and the cat runs
-The fish swims quickly away but the net still catches it.
-the teacher yells and the students sleep
--The American flag flies proudly, but the rain soaks it.
--The blog creates a horrible environment but is still a necessary part of college bound English.
--School teaches responsibility, but at a cost most students are not willing to pay.
--English teaches nothing but English is still required to be taught.
--The man sprints so he can win the race.

Mike K said...

Period 1

Simple:
(1)Chase scored thirty-five points in the Target Center.

(2)Around school, Austin is praised.

(3)At work, Adam enjoys fooling around.

(4)Brad lives in Georgia.

(5)Alex benched 450 lbs. twenty-nine times, in the weight room.

(6)Chase goes around campus and through the stadium.

(7)Jaron shoots geese in the field and from his porch.

(8)Mike sits on the bench, with Josh.

(9)Austin threw the ball through the air and over defenders.

(10)Colt McCoy spun around the defender on his way into the endzone.

Compound:
(1)Chase screamed,because Texas offered him a full-ride.

(2)Mike watched intensely, and Texas won the game.

(3)Colt McCoy lost in the Heisman vote, but used the experience as a positve.

(4)The Texas defense layed down, yet they managed to win the game.

(5)Brad played Call of Duty, and made a little kid cry.

(6)Alex used steroids, yet managed to not get caught.

(7)Jaron shot the goose, and ate it on the spot.

(8)Tanner bought a playstation, so he never left his house.

(9)Chase ran super fast, and broke the record for the fastest 40-yard dash.

(10)Adam tried very hard, yet managed to fail repeatedly.

Megan T said...

P.1
Simple
1. Megan sits in the desk beside tanner. 2
2. Jordan drank from the fountain. 1
3. Dave sits on the couch in the living room. 2
4. Sara walks through the door. 1
5. Ally trips on a rock. 1
6. With determination, the lynx beat the bobcats in over time. 2
7. On Saturday, the Chargers played the Colts on their home turf.2
8. In the car, the family sang along with the music. 2
9. Ally ate the last piece of cake. 1
10. Jordan walked along the road.

Compound
1. Jack uses the couch, yet most of the boys listen to Ralph.
2. Cody plays xbox, but i choose to watch t.v.
3. Jordan wanted to carpool, but Ally wanted to drive seperate.
4. Brooke conveys her love for Lucas, yet Peyton seems to get in the way.
5. Tanner scored 2 goals but the team still lost in a shoot out.
6. Enrolling in college can be be very beneficial,yet some choose to work.
7. Chocolate cake is delicious and cookies are divine.
8. The Chargers will beat the Steelers or they will end their season.
9. The students studied and Mrs. Attkinson graded papers.
10. Cody drank mountain dew for dinner but Megan drank milk.

Anonymous said...

Matt K
period 1

1)

(S)~ 1 preposition

1. I jumped (over the moon).
2. Some people like to run (in the mornings).
3. Peter and Brian play dodgeball every afternoon.
4. Ali goes (to the minimart) and steals.
5. The car drove (into the bathroom).

(S)~ 2+ prepositions

1. (Through the woods), we ran (toward the house).
2. (Above the fridge), there should be food (in the cabinet).
3. I walked (above the house)(on every shingle).
4. You, no running (in the building)(at any time).
5. No man is entirely (in his right mind)(at any time).

2)

(CD)

1. I walked forever but could not get anywhere.
2. I tried feverishly but failed anyways.
3. I fought the bear, for I was a man of honor.
4. Ducks fly low, but I fly high.
6. I got stabbed, yet I didn't feel any pain.
7. Around the world, there are many people and weapons.
8. People look at me, but there is nothing.
9. I make a "Fry Rye", but you can't!
10. I'm surround by weird people or are they just normal.

Anonymous said...

pd 1
1.)
1. With intense play and smart decisions, we can beat any team.
2. On the way to school, it snowed.
3. I hugged my grandma at church.
4. I played fetch with my dog.
5. One Tree Hill is an awesome show with great looking guys.
6. As many coaches say, basketball is a game of hard work.
7. On Tuesday, Tanner fell at the ice rink.
8. A man jumped from the top of the Empire State Building.
9. Computers are helpful to us in many ways.
10. In the car, I belted every song on my Ipod.

2)
1. Tanner plays Call of Duty, and I watch One Tree Hill.
2. Nic goes to open gym every morning, so his outside shot is improving.
3. You can go to college to get a degree, or you can get a job after high school.
4. Megan loves to online shop almost everyday, so she tries to shop carefully.
5. Tanner is going to South Dakota State University, and he wants to be a teacher.
6. So many people of all ages love playing video games, but I don't enjoy them.
7. As Forrest Gump would say life is a box of chocolates, so you never know what your going to get.
8. My aunt is an experienced cook, so she teaches me too.
9. I can roller skate forwards and backwards, but I still fall every so often.
10. College will be a frightening transition in our lives, but it will be unforgettable for sure.

Anonymous said...

3
Simple
1.Twilight is a romantic movie.
2.The first thing i do in a car is buckle up.
3.I would love to watch more of Lord of the Flies.
4.The gym smelled like smelly socks.
5.The song at church was so uplifting, i lifted my hands up in praise.
6.The accident was not fatal to the people in it.
7.Kung Fu Panda is an adult and kid movie.
8.Jack went up the hill.
9.My aunt turned 59 last month.
10.My brother is engaged to a wonderful person.

Compound
1.The people in the accident weren't harmed, but the car was totalled.
2.My mom feels old but her sister is older.
3.I did laundry, but my friend played Command and Conquer.
4.I can go to college in Vermillion, or i could go to SDSU.
5.I plan to recieve lots of money when i graduate, but not enough!
6.Macs have better virus control than a PC, but the PC seems to be easier to navigate.
7.Syntax can be hard, but if you practice, you will get better.
8.I passed the ball, but my teammate dropped it.
9.It would be more fun to bungee jump, but skydiving sounds fun too.
10.The racer won the first race, but my car was faster, so i won the second and third.

Mallory said...

p.3

Simple sent. w/ 1 prep. phrase:
1. A rabitt was sleeping inside the box.
2. I went swimming in the ocean.
3. My dad took us camping in our backyard.
4. With a swing of the bat, the hitter hit a home run.
5. After the game, I went to bed.

Simple sent. w/ 2 prep. phrase:
1. While knocking on the door, the neighbor was standing outside the house.
2. During the night, the thief stole food from the fridge.
3. After the movie, my parents drove home in their car.
4. The dog stood on top of the car and barked after my sister left.
5. For three hours, Joe ran from his house to his neighbor's house.

Compound Sentences:
1. I went to school and studied for Calculus.
2. Joe went home and ate ice cream.
3. Last night I watched a movie but fell asleep during it.
4. My mom is a dentist and my dad is plumber.
5. I ate an apple, yet I was still hungry.
6. Mark is a funny yet impolite person.
7. Jayme is a beautiful and amazing friend.
8. I cleaned the bathroom but forgot to clean the toilet.
9. I painted my room green and blue.
10. The dog ran outside and was lost for two hours.

Anonymous said...

SIMPLE
1. George and Jim ran across the playground.
2. Jayme and Casey talked throughout the day.
3. Mallory ran across the basketball court.
4. Jayme jumped for the ball.
5. Casey flew through the sky.
6. Tracy drew a picture on the board with a pencil.
7. Bob the Builder fixed the pipe under the sink with a wrench.
8. The bird flew through the sky to its nest.
9. Lightning McQueen sped down the road and through the desert.
10. The tiger ran through the grass towards the water.

COMPOUND
1. Bob went to McDonalds, but Mary wanted Arbys.
2. The dove and the bird always flew together, yet the bird felt so lonely all the time.
3. The worm slid along the sidewalk, but was then stepped on by a human.
4. Casey wanted to dance tonight, but Jayme wanted to play basketball.
5. The little girl did not want peaches with her lunch, nor did she want apples with her supper.
6. The mom did not feed her children breakfast, nor did she feed them lunch.
7. Mark won his first race ever, yet he was still sad that Sara broke his heart.
8. The painter did not want to climb onto the scaffolding, nor did he want to use the brushes available.
9. The grandpa went to the bank, and the grandma went to the grocery store.
10. My sister yells at me sometimes, but she also plays nicely with me too.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Period 3
1.
1. We crashed the car.
2. He pushed his bike.
3. A dog bit the cat.
4. I hit the pole with my head.
5. I cannot use my user name.

6. The cat cant bite it's lip without using it's paw.
7. I cant buy the car unless i have the ok from my parents
8. Spray paint works on cement and on wood.
9. The car ran over the cat and drove into my lawn
10. The builder told his men to brush their teeth and wash their hands.

2.
1. The student rode his bike, but the teach would just watch.
2. I completed my paper, so i handed it in.
3. I washed by hands, so my mom would let me eat supper.
4. He cut his hair, so a girl would like him.
5. I didnt wash my hands, nor brushed my teeth.
6. I did my english, yet not my math.
7. He biked down the hill, but took a bus up.
8. I watched him, but did not help.
9. I was distracted, and still got my work done.
10. I had jelly or ham.

Casey S said...

3

1.) Simple Sentences:
The cat jumped on the bed.
The dog ran into the brick wall.
Cody kept yelling in the mall.
Chris played the guitar in the concert hall.
My mother would not stop laughing in the quiet restaurant.
During the day, the tired dog slept in his bed.
In the school yard, the ugly bully punched an innocent kid in his face.
With all the babies asleep, the little boy tiptoed into the nursery.
Inside the cave, the boy grew scared in his mind.
Throughout the whole week, the girl was quiet during school.


2.) Compound Sentences:
I layed down to watch tv and my dog slept in my lap.
Joey jumped on the trampoline, but he fell off.
Joey has a meatball sub sandwhich, but he won't share his sandwhich with Rachel.
Emma kept crying, so her mom was up all night.
Chris plays the guitar but he can't dance.
Cody is always messy, so Monica keeps cleaning the house.
Joey can't sleep without his baby blanket so he stayed up all night looking for it.
Alex was snowboarding down Great Bear, but he slipped and broke his right leg in two places.
Stacy drove the whole way to Mitchell, so Holly drove the whole way home.
Ally drove to dance but her car slipped on the ice and crashed into a thick tree.

Jordan A said...

period 3
1. The boy went to hide under the bed.
2. He hit the ball out of the park.
3. Under the building, he waited for the mail.
4. He did a backflip over the jump.
5. With its exciting plot, the book kept me entertained.
6. He went to shop into the first aisle and under the signs.
7. On Friday, the boy went to play tennis at a court.
8. In the night, Seth plays COD with ease.
9. While watching tv, the boy did his homework under the light.
10. After the competition, Tom went back into the park.

1. The baby started to run away and the mom chased after him, but the dad just watched them.
2. He started reading a book, but he was distracted by the tv.
3. The boy hit the ball and the team watched it go out of the park.
4. Douglas thinks he is the best at COD, yet he has never gone positive.
5. He doesn't make sense and he refuses to correct himself.
6. He writes very well, but he can't spell.
7. Douglas pushes people around in basketball and the other team can't push him back.
8. Texas won the game last night, but Ohio State played very good.
9. Schultz can kill many people on COD, but he also dies a lot.
10. Douglas scored 35 points in a game, but missed a lay up for the school record.

Anonymous said...

pd 3

1. In the backyard, the dog jumped the fence.
2. Over the city, the plane flew.
3. The man ran in the race.
4. The cow grazed in the pasture.
5. Through the woods ran Little Red Riding Hood.
6. Into the sea went the submarine, under the surface of the water.
7. Over the earth and under the stars the plane flew at night.
8.Through the night and into the next morning the coyotes howled.
9. In the air and on the ground Tom has skill.
10. The man was aboard the boat, but under a lot of pressure.


1. You can try hard, or you can give up.
2. He can't shoot very well, nor can he dribble.
3. She can run, but she can't jump.
4. Jordan eats struddles, but he doesn't eat meat.
5. Thanh can jump onto picnic tables, and he can land it.
6. Douglas scores thirty five points, and puts guys on the floor.
7. Cody mountain bikes well, but falls over while standing up.
8. Buse has a ninety six mile per hour serve, and is good at the net.
9. It is good to have steeze, but takes much practice.
10. School is fun, but can be long sometimes.

Jayme K said...

pd 3.

Simple

The child ran through the woods.
Under the tree was a dog.
Tracy sat on the chair.
Mallory ran around gym.
Behind the house is the pool.

She typed on the computer next to her friend.
Behind my back, under the tree was a cat.
On Saturday, she played a game against her friend.
During semester week, all she did was study for every test.
Tracy went over the bridge and around the house.

Compound

Jayme rebounded the ball and she passed to Mallory.

She went to the store, but she forgot her checkbook.

Billy plays on the computer and his sister watches t.v.

He shoots the ball everymorning, so he is becoming a better player.

She sat, watched and cheered for her team but they still lost.

I passed but she failed.

Mallory ate brownies and I drank juice.

Betsy jumped on the trampoline and Sally played catch.

Live your life today for tomorrow is a day away.

Jets fly in the air and boats cruise on water.

Alyssa C. said...

P.3
Simple:
1.We had fun playing on the swing set.
2.We ran around the house
3.I went under the table.
4.The student ran into the school.
5.She sat on the chair near the water fountain.
6.The person ran around the building and through the door.
7. She ran under the bridge and over the hill.
8. Sally went in the building and stood below the sign.
9. Jim sat with is sister, on a couch.
10. He went with me, on the ship.

Compound:
1. Mary wanted to go shopping after school, but she was broke.
2. The family went out to eat and to a movie.
3. Lucy was sick, so she stayed home.
4. Mary could of gone to the game or out to eat.
5. Jim went to the doctors for a check up.
6. We went to the store so we could get milk.
7. I went around the house searching for my keys.
8. We went on the bus so we cound get to the play on time.
9. I went up the stairs to look for my coat, but it was not there.
10. Since we were late, we did not get the free supper and movie.

Chad A. said...

Simple
1. Derek ran atop the basketball court.
2. Derek lives on a farm.
3. Methias is a name from the bible.
4. Santa exists in the minds of children.
5. I am within the computer lab.

1. In the computer lab, Derek types sentences about me.
2. Following others examples, I type sentences about nothing.
3. Regarding Ken Kesey, Derek is on the bus.
4. Aboard his cow, Derek mows the lawn around his house.
5. Children play baseball in the street near my house.


Compound
1. Derek ate a hamburger and drank a soda.
2. Derek did his best in the game but the team lost.
3. Derek misses Whitey but he will recover.
4. The dog barked and the cat meowed.
5. This assignment is boring yet I must do it.
6. The sky is blue and the grass is green.
7. The cop gave a ticket so the driver would slow down.
8. Derek was not right nor was he wrong.
9. Ben Fox did his best but Eric did better.
10. In order to make longer sentences, I use a propositional phrase and created scholarly sentences.

Darren N said...

prd 3

(1)
-He stood next to the tree.
-She plays basketball in a gym.
-At the store he bought ten items.
-He cleaned inside his house
-He fell below the bleachers.

-Within ten minutes, he was four blocks from his house.
-From the east, people went to the west.
-To beat traffic, he went under the bridge.
-To beat the team, she played above expectations.
-From start to finish, he was the best.

(2)

-He was ahead of them to start, but eventually lost.
-He threw the ball over his head and watched as it fell into the defenders hands.
-Above the house and next to the tree, birds flew.
-Nick is from Iowa, and Zach is from Minnesota.
-He was mad, so he quit.
-She had fun and started to enjoy the game.
-He was happy, yet not satisfied.
-He was strong, but couldnt lift enough weight.
-She felt bad, but wouldnt apologize.
-He was tall, yet fell small.

Nick W said...

10 Simple sentences

1 Eric is on the box.
2 Steve is under the box.
3 Matt is in the closet.
4 Steve is around the school.
5 Jon went through the door.

1 Rob went in the closet, to sit with Matt.
2 Steve drove his car into the street, but he first had to go through the corn field.
3 Mark jumped over the stool, then under the table.
4 Darren drives a purple honda through the streets and into his garage.
5 Chris bought roses for his girlfriend, over at the store.

Compound
1 I go to school, and my dog doesnt
2 Mike is so cool, but not really.
3 Mike walked down the street in bright purple pants, so everyone laughed at him.
4 Mike wears camo, but I can still see him.
5 Brian is God, so we must bow down to him.
6 Derrick lives on a farm, so he has many cows
7 Mike wears jeans outside, yet he wishes they were camo.
8 Noah is a phenomenal athelete, yet nobody has seen him at full potential.
9 Chad works with wood, so he is good with his hands.
10 Adam is weak, yet believes he is flowing with incredible strength.

Brittney R said...

Pd. 3

1)SIMPLE
-Bobby jumped(onto the couch).
-Simon walked the dog(in the park).
-The crowd cheered(at the game).
-On our way home, it snowed.
-It is really hot(in the summer).

-In the winter, the kids go sledding down the hill.
-On Sundays, many kids go to Bible Study.
-At the game the ball went through the hoop.
-I ate a hamburger from Mcdonalds on Monday.
-The dog followed me around the corner, to the next room.

2)COMPOUND
-My parents told me I couldn't go to my friend's house, but I went anyways.
-Cindy studied all night for her history test, so she aced it.
-We can either go to a movie or we can go to dinner.
-I wanted to go shopping today, but i didn't have any money.
-Timmy can either go to college or choose to just find a job.
-I wanted to see the movie, but Mr. Movie's didn't have anymore copies.
-We ran out of milk, so I had to go to the store.
-Jack likes watching tv and Jill likes watching movies.
-I'm going to the game and cheering with the crowd.
-Jimmy can either go where it is warm in Florida, or stay in snowy South Dakota.

Zach S said...

3rd

10 Simple

1. Shonn Greene ran on the field.
2. Shonn plays for the Hawkeyes.
3. Shonn walks around campus.
4. Shonn is praised at Iowa.
5. Shonn ran to the endzone.
6. Shonn went threw the defense and into the endzone.
7. Shonn ran around the defender and out of bounds.
8. Shonn will run through college and into the NFL.
9. Darren leaps over defenders and runs into the endzone.
10. Chase dribbles through the Kernels and puts the ball into the net.

10 Compound

1. Mike tries to impress us, yet it never works.
2. Mike used to be cool, but now he isn't.
3. Mike is nethier cool nor funny.
4. Since Mike is a loser, nobody will talk to him.
5. If Chad can fix computers, he can fix anything.
6. Although Brian thinks he's god, he cannot walk on water.
7. Because Brian is so cool, he has many friends.
8. Because Derrik is a farmer, he has a good tan.
9. Since Mike can grow some facial hair, he thinks he is a stud.
10. Since Noah is such a good athlete, he is very good at baseball.

Anonymous said...

pd.3

1.)The teacher walked through the door.
2.)The cat chased the mouse around the house.
3.)The tree grew tall in the yard.
4.)I read a book by the fire.
5.)She watched television on the couch.
6.)On Tuesdays, the show House is on television.
7.)The children play in the yard and by the river.
8.)The librarian reads by the desk and in the chair.
9.)The students chatter in the classroom and in the hallways.
10.)The manager talked to the employees about their tasks.

DC sentences

1.)I took asprin this morning, yet I still have a terrible headache.
2.)Because the dog is troublesome, I was unable to turn in my homework assignment.
3.)I slept for twelve hours, yet I still felt tired in the morning.
4.)I lost the battle, but I won the war.
5.)Many people go to school but so few enjoy it.
6.)Computers are useful tools, but can be dangerous in the wrong hands.
7.)With the advice your parents give you, you will be more prepared and have more common sense.
8.)Sara bit Ann and lost a tooth.
9.)The thief ran away, but could not outrun the police for long.
10.)The clock ticked loudly so I took it off the wall.

Anonymous said...

pd. 3
1.
Alfalfa raced down the road.
Alfonzo took a nap under the tree.
Rico laughed at the clown.
The children played with their new toys.
She learned how to ride her bike.
The squirrel climbed up the tree and into the hole.
The bird flew towards the house and into the window.
Because of the weather she stayed in her house for the day.
After several minutes we located the key for the door.
Santa climbed down the chimney and into the room.

2.
The cat jumped, the dog barked, and the children laughed.
Tim was excited and happy.
The house was full of people so the temperature was rising.
Suzie's hands were warm, yet the rest of her body was cold.
The seashell was smooth and colorful.
Nadia is sometimes sad, but she is usually a very happy person.
All the children jumped around and danced.
My schedule is full, but easy.
Senior year has gone fast, but we still have a semester left.
Sylvester either wants to go fishing or wants to go turtle catching.

Ty F said...

pd. 3

Simple
1. The bunny jumped over the heap of snow.
2. We drove through the pasture.
3. My car slid past my house.
4. I'm tired when I stay up late.
5. I woke up early for school

6. The dog ran into the room then out.
7. Do not yell at someone while others are sleeping.
8. The bird built a nest then flew away.
9. We ran inside from the cold to warm up.
10. The young girls played house with some dolls.

Compound
1. I ran through the snow and lost my shoe.
2. I locked my keys in my car, so my dad had to take me to school.
3. I try to get to school 10 minutes early, but always fail.
4. I picked up my brother from his friend's house for my mom.
5. She tripped and fell over the cord.
6. School is for learning, yet it can be quite boring.
7. The road is for driving on.
8. So much to learn and so little time.
9. The answer is yes or no.
10. Siblings have to share and be nice to each other.

Anonymous said...

Period 3
Assignment 1
Simple

1. I wake up at 7:45 every morning.

2. I have to speed to make it to school.

3. Before school, I put my coat in my locker.

4. I leave my keys in my pocket.

5. I always see Thanh with an elaborate hat.

6. I barely arrive to class on time.

7. I sleep through Mr. Hogie's calculus class for an hour every day.

8. I tutor for Mr. Presler in the morning.

9. I spend my time in college bound Enlish typing simple sentences with two prepositional phrases included.

10. Lunch is soon to follow with plenty of delicious food.

CD

1. I drove by a homeless man and Jim gave him a quarter.

2. The homeless man entered the liquor store, but he did not have sufficient funds.

3. I am not aware if the man was an alcoholic, but I think he was trying to escape the cold.

4. I knew the man was hungry, so I gave him a sack of potatoes.

5. I knew not what the man was saying nor did I care.

6. Giving time is easy, but I decided to dedicate my time and effort.

7. I thought Seth said he needed "vibration", but he actually said "Vidration."

8. Vidration is a hydrating drink; it is much more delicious than Vitamin Water.

9. I prefer Gatorade, but Seth likes to drink Vidration.

10. My computer at home is very expensive, but the one I use at school is worthless.

Anonymous said...

S-On Christmas we left.
S-Thoughout Christmas break, I pulled all nighters.
S-We blew up trees in our backyard.
S--We also hunted alligators in the woods in our backyard.
S-My Dad bought a boat for the lake.
S--This summer, I will be taking a road trip to Florida.
S--Thought the summer, I wasn't allowed to do anything with contact sports.
S-I worked a twelve hour shift on Saturday.
S--On Thursday, we have 5 days left of school in the year.
S--With my family we went to the Grand Canyon in the fall.
CD-I will work your Saturday for your Sunday.
CD-You say you were there but I didn't see you.
CD-why must I go but he can't go?
CD-You will be smarter and your writing will be better.
CD-I don't know if I can use that last one but we'll see.
CD-six more sentences, or is it five?
CD-Why rack or heavy metal?
CD-Is it Friday or Thursday that we have a day off?
CD-I can't think any more so I'm just gonna stop thinking.
CD-I got ten more sentences so stop complaining.

Thanh C. said...

Per 3
Simple

1 The well ran dry in the sun.

2 People cheered loudly for their team.

3 The debate betixt the rivals was very formal.

4 Under the sun, the people slept.

5 During the movie, the couple held hands.

6 During the match, Noah camped in the grass like a little girl.

7 With a heavy heart, the doctor went into the waiting room to inform the family.

8 On the run, Seth 270 onto the rail and managed to 270 off the end.

9 Noah, with the ball well outside the 18, shot the ball upper ninety.

10 With the juggernaught perk enabled, Noah camped in the bushes like a little girl.

Compound

1 Noah can camp the entire game and still go negative in his kill-death ratio.

2 Jordy is a tank and he will never change.

3 College bound is another class, yet it doesn't have the tediousness like other high school class.

4 I wear hats and Maria flaunts scarves.

5 The suit coat is sophisticated and it possesses a certain je ne sais quoi.

6 Flags of nations are simple pieces of fabric, yet they hold such symbolic meanings.

7 They provoke patriotic emotions and some look to them for a sense of unity and belonging.

8 Wanting to belonging is a common emotion; it is the third level of Maslow's pyramid.

9 People want to belong; it provides a feeling of safty

10 Safety is a necessity, for with out it we would all be in danger or have a constant feeling of paranoia.

Derek H said...

P.3

Simple
1. Chad is on his bike.
2. Chad played on his computer.
3. Bob was beside Chad.
4. Chad ran to his house.
5. On the roof, Santa ran.

6. Chad went to the gym to excercise.
7. On his tractor, John piled snow in huge mounds.
8. Chad fell down the stairs on a cacti.
9. Chad smoked beside his house on his deck.
10. In the barn yard, Whitey ran through a fence.

Compound
1. Chad ran and Swanson sat.
2. Chad hacked into a computer and mess up everthing.
3. Alex took steroids so he could be larger than Hulk Hogan.
4. Chad is large and Jordan is tiny.
5. Alex uses steroids, yet he remains the same height.
6. Will is lazy but his gaming skills are improving.
7. Santa is large and bald, or his he well fed.
8. John is going to SD Tech, and study Chemical Engineering.
9. Chad smoked to long, and got lung cancer.
10. Chad is tall, so he can eaily help thanh

Anonymous said...

==1==
-I dance for hours.
-My dog eats the food from under the table.
-Alyssa watches the fish under the water.
-Brittany likes her hotdog with relish.
-Julie always stands on her tippy toes.

-I sit on the chair in my living room.
-The cat played in the house behind the couch.
-My cd plays loud from the stereo on my dresser.
-I left the present under my bed in my room.
-The dishsoap can be found below the sink with the other supplies.

Nicole O. said...

Period 3

1) 1)On the sign sits a flock of birds.
2)In the school the students learn.
3)She arrived with time to spare.
4)Below the jungle gym the children play.
5)Near his table sat a beautiful brunett.
6)Near the beach a shark was spotted, with a leg in his mouth.
7)With anger she broke the window in the classroom.
8)In the pool the children laugh while on thier rafts.
9)Below her desk she found and envelope with $100 in it.
10)In his car the police found alcohol beneath the seat.

1)I tried to speak Spanish, and my friend tried to speak English.

Anonymous said...

Period 3

1. Above everyone else, he was the smartest.
2. The man hid under the couch.
3. The monkey jumped on his head.
4. The Huskers are the best in the Big 12 with the exception of Oklahoma.
5. Tom Osbourne with all his championships is the most legendary coach in the midwest.
6. Around the time of New Years a person can always the Huskers to be in a major bowl game with a dominant team.
7. Bo knows the tricks of playing good defense in college football.
8. Nebraska's walk-on program is the best in the nation.
9. Inside the walls of Memorial Stadium, the Huskers are dominant on gameday.
10. Joe Ganz threw for two touchdowns in the second half under the intense pressure of the Clemson defense.

Compound

1. Herby Husker is the true mascot of the University of Nebraska, yet Lil Red is the most popular.
2. Tom Osbourne is the AD, but he still gives Bo Pelini coaching advice.
3. Bo Pelini is a stud, yet he does not get the recognition he deserves.
4. Joe Ganz had one of the best passer ratings in the nation this year, and he was the most underrated quarterback in all of college football.
5. Joe Ganz was an All-State Baseball player in high school, yet he chose to play football at Nebraska.
6. Bo Pelini is the coach of Nebraska, so he is the man.
7. Joe Ganz is good, and Sam Bradford is bad.
8. Todd Peterson was open, so Joe Ganz threw him the ball.
9. Nate Swift is a beast, and he set the second highest mark for receptions in a single season at Nebraska.
10. Marlon Lucky is a great running back, but Quinten Castille is the best.

Rachel S said...

pd 1
1.
-She likes to play at the park.
-The boy plays basketball in the gym.
-My dad dances to music in the kitchen.
-During the class period, I decided to finish my homework.
-My cat is stuck in a tree.
-I put the shirt on a hanger in my closet.
-The pen is in my room on the desk.
-At home I sleep in my room.
-At the concert the band played very loud on the stage.
-He read a magazine in the library on a chair.
2. -My manager is short, and he is mean.
-My dad isn't normal, nor is he mean.
-I hate coming up with sentences but it is easy.
-Would you like to go out to eat or go to a movie?
-I don't like you so you should leave me alone.
-I hate adam for he makes fun of me.
-You stink, so you should shower.
-I like to swim and I like to tan.
-The dog eats dog food, but I do not.
-The cat eats cat food, yet the dog does too.

Carmen L. Period 5 said...

Simple
1. The dog jumped over the cat.
2. I went into my house.
3. My sister loves to play in her room.
4. Sam hides under the bed.
5. I go to the movies with my friends.
6. I am interested in going into the house and looking under the surface.
7. My grandma sleeps on her bed under the covers.
8. Alexa likes dancing with her friends in her dance studio.
9. I like being in school with all of my friends.
10. I enjoy eating in a restaurant with my whole family.

Compound
1. I went to the cemetery and I prayed for my uncle.
2. Traci laughed; Katie had made a hilarious joke.
3. I don't like to eat peas, nor do I like to smell them.
4. I want to go to Valleyfair for our family vacation this year, so my mom is beginning the planning.
5. I will be going to college at USD, so I am getting myself prepared.
6. Candace jumped; Sally had set a fake spider by her feet.
7. Eating celery is disgusting to me, so I just don't eat it.
8. Sarah was sad, yet she managed to still play in her softball game.
9. I was mad, but I decided to stay calm and collected.
10. The dog was happy, but it didn't last long due to him peeing on the carpet.

Carmen L. Period 5 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Justin D said...

per 5.

5 simple with 1 prep
-The chair moved away from the wall.
-The time seemed slow during class.
-The ant walked towards the hill.
-The kid ran to his house.
-The whale splashed in the ocean.

5 simple with 2 prep
-The octopus latched on to the fish near the ship.
-The playground was quiet during class before lunch.
-The carpet was dull while the light was off at night.
-During the festival, they ran to many rides.
-In the theatre, people watched with amazement.

10 compound
-Ted played the game, but Tim watched.
-Adam threw the pen and Tyler ducked.
-Alex sprinted up the stairs and Tim chased.
-Pat leaned against the wall but Clair sat down.
-Roger pushed the button and Kelley listened.

Justin D said...

per 1

forgot the other 5 compound
-Ann listened to the music and Kelsey danced.
-Tod ate the pizza but Tanner drank the pop.
-Kyle caught the ball but Ryan threw it.
-Alex touched the pine tree and Ann did not.
-Britt exited the room but Tom stayed.

Paige P said...

pd. 5

SIMPLE:
1. I sat outside the house.
2. Nick went into the basketball game.
3. Dani danced in the gym this morning.
4. Ally went with dani to dance.
5. Spencer soared above the rim.
6. Will walked around the gym before the game.
7. Paige went to Nebraska.
8. Nick typed on the computer and sat in the chair.
9. Dani thought of ideas and wrote them in her notebook.
10. Ally zipped up her jacked and went outside the building.

COMPOUND:
1. Paige runs and Jordan watches.
2. Dani sleeps and her dog joins her.
3. Spencer could shoot the ball or Will could.
4. Keith played his guitar and the audience applauded.
5. Nathan is a great father and is also a great husband.
6. Brooke was attacked and her property was robbed.
7. Jamie left the backyard and went to Quentin's gravesite.
8. Payton is pregnant so Lucas will be a father.
9. Marvin left Milly so now she leaves on her own.
10. Sam was locked up and Brooke came to save her.

Paige P said...

#9 of the compounds should say lives not leaves

Anonymous said...

Simple sentences.
1.) jenni walked through the woods.
2.) The cat walked under the table.
3.) We went under thet tunnel.
4.) The roller coaster went over the hill.
5.) I rode my bike over the mountain.

6.) We walked through the park and over the hills.
7.) I read through the book and on the back pages.
8.) She reads a book in her room on her bed.
9.) I sit on the couch in my living room.
10.) I live under my parents room in their house.

Compound.
1.) We eat and watch tv at the same time.
2.) We walked along the path and hid in the trees.
3.) I asked the teacher a question but she didn't respond.
4.) I apologized to my friend yet she's still mad at me.
5.) I hate playing football yet I enjoy watching my brothers play it.
6.) I enjoy watching Movies or Musicals.
7.) I dont like carrots nor brocolli.
8.) I refuse to go to bed at 11 so my mom took my phone away.
9.) I live on a farm but I hate the country
10.) I watched the game and socialized at the same time.

Alexa S said...

pd. 5

(1)Simple
1.I ate an apple with Brianna.
2.Brianna laughed at my joke.
3.Kait cheers with her friends.
4.Kayla danced with the other girls.
5.I rode the bus with Kait and the team.
6.Kayla jumped up with joy for her acheivement.
7.In the house, I baked a cake with Brianna.
8.In the Washington Pavillion, Leah performed in Sleeping Beauty.
9.At the girl's basketball game, Shaina cheered with the other cheerleaders.
10.Mariah cheered at the game in Huron.

(2)Compound
1.Kayla cried, yet Shaina laughed.
2.I sang in the choir, but Kayla sat in the audience.
3.Shaina cheered and danced during the competition.
4.I went to watch Brianna ski, but she fell in the show.
5.Leah leaped and the faries scattered.
6.Brianna fell, but the show was not stopped.
7.I like cats, but Shaina prefers dogs.
8.My mom yelled at Braeden, but he walked away laughing.
9.Brianna danced for champion, but I danced for Mainstage.
10.I cheered, yet Kayla danced.

Anonymous said...

period 5

Simple
-I watched the game with Alexa.
-Kait went to Huron with the team.
-The hippo sat on the rock.
-The polar bear swam with the ice chunks.
-Alexa danced in the ballet.
-In the Washington Pavillon, Alexa danced in Sleeping Beauty.
-Kait and Mariah wanted to cheer at the dome, with the team.
-During the game, Alexa sat on the bench.
-In the summer, I water ski at Catfish Bay.
-Before ski shows, I get ready with the girls.

Compound
-I ski in the shows, but Alexa sits in the crowd.
-Shaina cheers and dances, but Kayla only dances.
-Alexa fell on stage, and I was there watching her.
-I like oranges, but Alexa prefers apples.
-Alexa fell, yet the show went on.
-Becca fell, so the pyramid could not go up.
-Alexa likes to dance and I like to water ski.
-Alexa cheered for Dynamic but I cheered for Champion.
-I like to do pre-builts, but Lizzie hates them.
-All the veteran girls hate ballet line, but we are forced to practice it.

Alex T said...

Period 5
Simple
1.Darren jumped over everybody on the field.
2.Ted was under the table last night.
3.Texas was behind last night.
4.He ran into the endzone.
5.Bill is on his motorcycle.
6.Darren went to Minnesota to play football.
7.Tom fell off the building into a trash can.
8.The fish was near the hook, but then it was far away from the hook.
9.On the field Adrian Peterson ran through the defense.
10.Darren likes tasty gravy on his potatoes, because it feels good in his belly.
Compound
1.Darren ran and nobody could catch him.
2.I play playstaion, while zach plays xbox.
3.Darren is huge and kyle is small.
4.I walked while chad drove.
5.Minnesota could have won, but they are poorly coached.
6.Ohio state was winning, but in the end they lost.
7.Football is fun, until you get injured.
8.Mike thinks he is ripped, but he really isn't.
9.I was in the shower to long, so I was late.
10.Darren ran away from his home, so he could go to the NFL.

Dani S. said...

pd. 5

Simple
1. Paige is going to play basketball tonight.
2. Ally had dance this morning.
3. Spencer made fun of Will.
4. I felt tired today.
5. I slept on the couch.
(Prep.)
6. Our competition was in Lincoln over the weekend.
7. Over Christmas break, I went to Iowa.
8. We received our presents from under the tree.
9. The basketball game was exciting when it went into over time.
10. Our drive home from Minneapolis was long due to weather.

Compound
1. I slept while my dog played.
2. Many of the people were talking while the speaker was speaking.
3. Keith Urban is good looking but he is too old for me.
4. Sam is a foster child therefore, she has no home.
5. Dancing is fun but playing soccer is more intense.
6. The teacher is strict so we must obey him.
7. I babysat the baby while the parents went out.
8. The race was close therefore, there was a tie.
9. I want to go to Arizona and I want to visit my old friends.
10. Spencer was excited and he was nervous for the game.

Anonymous said...

Period 5

(1)SIMPLE
-Brianna ran to the door.
-Alexa cheered at the game.
-Mark went swimming underwater.
-The frog jumped on her foot.
-Mariah hid under the bed.

-In the summer, kids run through the sprinklers.
-In her car, Brianna drove through the snow.
-Before Easter, I will be going to Disney World.
-On Wednesday, Marisa will go to school.
-In the winter, the girl drove on icy roads.

(2)COMPOUND
-Kelley cheers at Watertown, and I cheer at Brandon.
-Mariah is an amazing dancer, yet she chose to cheer in high school.
-I like taco pizza, but mom prefers cheese pizza.
-Tiger Woods is a great golfer, yet some people think that he is over rated.
-Keith likes to play basketball, but he enjoys football more.
-Jill went to FCA yesterday, and I went to the hospital.
-Drew is good at football, but Blake is better.
-The tiger was strong, but the lion was stronger.
-Alyssa went to the store, so I called her later.
-I don't like to go the cheer practice, but I like to cheer at games.

Anonymous said...

period 5
(1)a
-The cat clawed through my arm.
-Kyera walked through the kitchen.
-Breanna typed on the keyboard.
-Jack swam through the channel.
-The bats hung on the ceiling.
(1)b
-Katie laughed under the water, in the pool.
-The cat climbed on my sister in the couch.
-The elves make cookies in the tree with the animals.
-He arrived to class on time.
-Alexia went over the river and through the woods.
(2)
-I worked at pizza ranch, but I do not like the treatment.
-Dan drives at his job and I sit at counter.
-The birds are hungry but they can't find food.
-Edward laughed at something said, but Bella scowled.
-I can't think anymore but I have to keep writing.
-Students write but they spend too much time thinking.
-He climbs the rock but he falls two feet to the floor.
-Mik wants to pass Trig and I think he may not.
-Ty reaches for the pizzas at the top of the oven, but she is too short to reach.
-Construction worker guy likes to eat at Pizza Ranch; I see him there every day.

Brock B said...

Period 5

1. The cow jumped over the moon
2. The moss grew on the rock
3. I was agenst the wall
4. The monkey was on the tree branch
5. I ran up the mountian

6. We drove over the bridge and up the mountian
7. the ninja jumped over the fense right into the water
8. We are all next to the giant rock that is between two trees
9. Throught the woods, we ran towards the house
10. In the car, I drove over the rocks


1. I play call of duty, and they watch me win
2. People look at it, but there is nothing
3. I painted my room green and purple
4.I cleaned the car but forgot to clean the bathroom
5. The Dog hid under the bed and was there for six hours
6. Bob Marley went to Tacobell, but Darth Vader wanted Taco John's
7. I stayed in bed to long, so there for i was late.
8.Karn went to the walmart, and Doorman went to kmart
9. Mom is an experienced cook, so she teaches taylor too.
10.I tried again and again, yet failed every time

William E said...

SIMPLE

- We went to go see family on christmas.

- Spence1820 got shot in the head by will131 with a ptrs on hangar.

- xX13RabbitxX complained after being shot by spence1820.

- The ball rolled under the car.

- My cat jumped over the couch.

- Spencer dunked the basketball with ease.

- Britt plays Call of Duty all Night.

- Chase plays on the left side of the line.

- Spencer runs like a girl.

- Coach Nelson Workouts every morning


COMPOUND

- Britt plays Call of Duty all night, which makes him sleep in class the next day.

- It was christmas, so we went to go see our family.

- Darren does nothing all day, but still is an atheltic kid.

- Alex works out every day, so he has become a large man.

- Zach has grown alot over break, so now we can call him a post

- Tuby Smith went to the gophers, so that turned them into contenders

- Edwards works hard during the summers, so he earned himself a nice truck.

- Chase is a tall man, so he dominates people who are smaller then him

- Brian has longer arms then everyone, so he can outrebound most people

- Tanner plays Call of Duty all the time, and that makes him the best player I know.

Zach S. said...

pd. 5

Simple

1) With my basketball team, I went to Minneapolis.
2) The basketball team played in the Target Center.
3) Chase Douglas put the ball in the hoop.
4) The Timberwolves game was also played in the Target Center.
5) After the game, we stayed in the Marriott.
6) After we spent a night at the Marriott, we watched the Minnesota game in Williams Arena.
7) Colton Iverson, from Yankton, played in the game.
8) After the game, the team got on the bus.
9) After on the bus, it was a six hour drive with the bad condition of the road.
10) It was a fun trip with the team, especially playing in the Target Center.

Compound

1) Chase Douglas scored thirty-five points and dominated Mitchell.
2) Brian Eiesland can defend anyone, so he guards the best player on the other team.
3) Britt Wickett is very quick, so he flies by defenders.
4) Austin Sumner is one of our best basketball players but, he is hurt.
5) Will Erickson is a good shooter and can make NBA threes.
6) Chase Douglas is big, but I push him around in practice.
7) Our record is three and two and we play Huron tonight.
8) Sam Bradford won the Heisman, but Tim Tebow and Florida are the favorites in the championship game.
9) Utah beat Alabama and aren't even in a BCS confrence.
10) North Carolina lost to Boston College so they aren't number one anymore.

Breanna W. said...

period five
Simple Sentences
1. A bird flew through the open window.
2. The bridge was suspended above the water.
3. Sally hovered over the open book.
4. I type on the key board.
5. The bird lands on the house.
------------------------
1. The cat chased the lazer down the stiars and into the closet.
2. Jeffery sat on a chair and wheeled it through the door way
3. The ipod is in my car and not in my purse.
4. I put the make up in the bag isnstead of on my face.
5. Samantha sits next to Bobby behind Kimberly.
======================
Compound Sentences
1. I work at Dennys and also the PAC.
2. Jen spins her cat around on the floor and then watches her run sideways.
3. The children are hungry yet can not feed themselves.
4. Joshua enjoys playing card games but spends too much time playing them.
5. The customer complains the food was bad, yet ate all of it.
6. He opens the door for her so he can be a gentlmen.
7. The tiger waits for his prey for a long time
8. Female penguins take long trips to get food for feeding their baby.
9. Whales enjoy spraying water through their blow hole and then they swallow more water.
10. The artist tried to painting a Monet but he messed up and painted a Van Gough.

Jennifer B. said...

Period 5

Simple:
(one prep phrase)
-The cat sat on the fence.
-The girl ran below the fence.
-The ball flew over the house.
-The radio fell off the desk.
-The book is next to the computer.
(two prep phrases)
-On the roof there are three birds sitting next to the chimney.
-Grandma lives over the hills and through the woods.
-After you go through the door, walk past the desk.
-Sally sits behind John and in front of Breanna.
-The book is on top of the desk, not below the chair.

Compound sentences:
-I could go to work or I could do my homework.
-I have to go to my internship and I have to work tonight.
-Breanna has to do work yet she keeps distracting herself.
-I may be quiet at first, but then i won't shut up.
-Because i must do this assignment, i will make up sentences.
- You can't do your job unless you know what you are doing.
- Because of where i live, it snows alot.
-The college student studies yet he still fails all his classes.
- The psychologist was tired, but went to work to help a patient.
- The girl tried to talk but she was too horrified to utter a word.

Anonymous said...

Nick P. Per.5

1. On the court Paige dominates basketball.

2. In the weightroom Jake pumps iron.

3. Of all the classes Nick has, College Bound he enjoys the most.

4. In his bed, Nick feels comfortable.

5. In the summer, Nick is happiest.

6. Of all the activities to do, fishing is the best overall.

7. In the summer, I often get sunburn on my back.

8. On the beach, is where tourists visit all the time.

9. On the mat, Christian pinned his opponent in the third period.

10. In the locker room, Stadem gave a speech to the girl's baskteball team.

Derek G said...

Derek G. p.5
1.simple
-Gil plays hockey at his house.
-Gil tries to play for the Flyers.
-He spends most of his time sitting on the bench.
-He should just go sit on his mom's lap instead.
-He is an amatuer in the hockey world.
-Gil stands in front of the goal and on the ice. (rarely)
-Gil may want to find a new sport to compete in, like hop-scotch.
-Gil goes through the snow when there is one inch and gets stuck in his Tundra.
-When Gil rides on his crotch rocket, there is usually another guy on the back.
-Casey once threw someone through a wall and Gil can't do anything on the ice.
2.Compound
-Gil is big, and mean to everyone.
-Gil gets mad, but its because he's sick of the bench.
-I once saw Gil crying, it was because he got every question wrong on his trig test.
-Last time the coach let Gil play, he ended up guarding the wrong side of the goal.
-Last time Gil drove his monster truck to school, it didn't start after school, because he forgot to put the key in.
-Today I saw Gil using his calculator, he typed in 10 divided by 5.
-Gil watches Step Brothers every day, and he still doesn't even know the lines.
-Gil hopes he can own the family business someday, but Gil Sr. is giving it to Gil's sister.
-There has been one time Gil has ever played hockey; on xbox.
-Gil has to have a automatic, his parents say he doesn't have the coordination for a manual.

Robert M said...

1. I saw some french fries under the table.
I drove my car through the snow.
I left my car under in the shed.
My dog jumped over the fence.
The cat ran around the house.

The girl played games in the house and inside she played under the table.
While the car died under the bridge; the man called for help on his cell phone.
The swimmer swam into the deep end of the pool and held his breath.
Out of all the choices; the man decided to pick the corvette over the truck.
The dog chased the cat through the house and into the garbage.

2. I will move away from my home and my parents will miss me.
The goldfish died right when we bought it yet we were not entitled to a refund.
THe boy started his first day at school and he already received saturday school.
The girl was thrilled for her first date but the parents stopped her before she left.
The man tried out for the tournament but he was rejected to compete.
The dog was going to die yet the family did not want another dog.
The boy left school and went straight home.
The boy started crying when his grandpa died but he never forget the memories he shared with him.
The cat ate the fish and the cat was punished.
The boy met someone new and he decided to be friends him.

Krispy said...

Pd. 5

Simple:
1. The dog sleeps on the bed.
2. The girl plays on the computer.
3. The man walks in the forests.
4. In the game, the team is winning.
5. The kids eat popcorn during the movie.

6. On third base, the runner gets ready to run to home.
7. During the basketball game, the player stole the ball from other players five times.
8. In the cage, the dog sleeps on the hay.
9. After the movie, the kids go home late at night.
10. During the day, the monkey swings on the vine.

Compound:
1. In the house, the parent ordered the kids; the kids listened.
2. Mary wants the strawberry ice cream but Nick wants the chocolate ice cream.
3. During the movie, Ben sits on the couch and Travis sits on the floor.
4. The Great Dane is the biggest dog and the Chihuahua is the smallest dog.
5. Emily is on a diet but she still eats sweets.

6. Vincent drove 50 mph but he was supposed to drive 40 mph.
7. I go to school so I can learn.
8. South Dakota State University women's basketball team is in twenty-first place and they won against many other big schools.
9. The cheetahs run fast so they can catch their prey.
10. The dophins work together so they can get food easier.

Gil H said...

Gil H. pd. 5
Simple 1
1.Derek tries to play y-ball at the YMCA.
2.Derek always trips and falls on the floor every time he tries to shoot the ball.
3.Derek should just sit in the stands.
4.He spends most of his time watching from the bench.
5.He should be a towel boy at the YMCA.
6.Derek sits on the bench sometimes but he sits in the stands most of the time.
7.He should try to play something he is good at like watching tv.
8.Derek's car started on fire because he wired it wrong.
9.When I ride my crotch rocket Derek rides on the back.
10.Casey couldn't find the tv button so Derek drove over to his house to help him.

Compound 2
1.Derek is small, and cries alot.
2.Derek cries alot because he never gets to play y-ball because he is terrible.
3.I saw Derek cry, it was because he got a 15% on his trig test.
4.Last time Derek played y-ball, he drop kicked the ball and it came back and hit him in the face and thats why his face looks like that.
5.Yesterday Derek called me crying and wanted help because he locked himself in his car.
6.Derek's mother made him change trig classes because he talks to much and never gets his work done in class.
7.Derek tried to start his car on fire so it would be "hot".
8.Derek lost his memory when the basketball hit him in the head after he drop kicked it.
9.Casey through Derek through his wall because he stole his shoe.
10.Derek was on the computer for a whole hour, trying to be funny in english class today.

Anonymous said...

Period 7

Compound 1
1. I eat sandwiches with cheese.
2. Jack went home in the car.
3. Wendy skips on the hop-scotch pad.
4. Monkeys run by the elephants.
5. Juice in a glass tastes good.
6. In the daytime, Jack went up a hill.
7. With her eyes closed, she jumped in the pool.
8. Lucy sat on her chair in the dark.
9. Next to me, Kelsey types on her computer.
10. Sparky barks in the car and in the dark.

Compound 2
1. I like to ice skate, but I also enjoy sledding.
2. I run and I jump.
3. Without my cell phone, I do not think I would be able to live, yet at the same time, I may be a bit overdramatic.
4. Pie tastes good with whipped cream, but so jello also does.
5. You could jump off the roof or you could get a ladder.
6. Macy lives with her aunt and rides her bike everyday.
7. In the summer, Lulu enjoys swimming, but she likes to fish even more!
8. Step Up 2 is a great movie but I prefer the original Step Up.
9. My backpack gets heavy during the day; luckily, I only have 4 classes to carry it to.
10. I am going to walmart and I may get a carwash while I'm there.

Anonymous said...

1. I dance.
2. You sing.
3. She is smart.
4. I love to smile.
5. Food is good.
6. I dance before the party.
7. You sing during the concert.
8. Above the roof, stars shone bright.
9. Around the barn, the chickens ran.
10. When hungry, food tastes good.

1. Because the clock was broken, the kids stayed in the classroom and the teachers keept teaching.
2. We ate chips and drank pop at the party.
3. During the movie,the kids in front of us were loud and they threw popcorn at the screen.
4. The dog can play and he can run.
5. After school, the boys like to play video games but, they always get thier homework done.
6. We can go skiing or we can go snowboarding.
7. The basketball game was slow, so we went to Dairy Queen.
8. Mom told me to clean the bathrooms and take out the trash.
9. Chickens eat corn but, they also eat grass.
10. Cows have black and white spots, but some cows can also be brown.

Erica E said...

pd.7
Simple
1. Sara hit Matt with a spoon.
2. Lynn fell off down the stairs.
3. Justin sat in the tree stand.
4. Jayme smiled with her huge teeth.
5. Tracy ran across the bridge.

1. Sara ran over the hill and I skipped through the tunnel.
2. Justin sat beside sara and in front of Erica.
3. Erica turns eighteen before Saturday and after Thursday.
4. Mr. C farted under the desk and burped in the hall.
5. In the forest, a rabbit ran through the trees.

Compound
1. Justin could have done his homework, but played playstation instead.
2. I can go to USD or SDSU with Sara.
3. We didnt have to fight, yet we did anyways.
4. Erica went to the basketball game and Sara worked at Sunshine.
5. Jayme could go into the airport or stay outside and wait.
6. I could do my homework or I could watch TV.
7. Sara farted and Jayme snorted.
8. Paige tore her ACL and Jordan dislocated her shoulder.
9. Tracy had the flu, yet she went to practice anyways.
10. Tanner could go to Jordans game or sit at home and play video games.

Lori D. said...

Pd. 7

Simple
1. The house is black with yellow windows.
2. Kaleb slapped himself with his hand.
3. Kaleb typed his appeal on the computer.
4. On the street Kaleb made his home.
5. Kaleb has organs in his body.
6. Without money he lived a miserable life without food or water.
7. Around the house, under the porch, laid the grey rocks.
8. Kaleb cooked fried potatoes in the kitchen of the house.
9. In the garden Kaleb planted flowers with a spoon.
10. Kaleb streaked through the town into the police station.

Compound
1. Kaleb took out the knife and Lori screamed for help.
2. The bus smashed into Kaleb’s body for he would not move out of the center of the street.
3. The bus injured Kaleb badly, but he was able to live the rest of his life as a vegetable.
4. Kait ate the cake, and Kaleb ate ice pops during second period.
5. Kaleb hit the chair, yet it did not budge.
6. The chair was old and fragile, but Kaleb was weak.
7. Kaleb could not feed himself, nor could he stand on his own.
8. The chalk board was all marked up, but the white board was clean.
9. The scream could be heard for miles, yet no one came to his rescue.
10. Kaleb let out a high pitch scream, but the masses believed it was a pig.

Anonymous said...

7
1. I ran into the door.
2. I jumped through the wall.
3. I swam by a dog peeing in the pool.
4. Lori ran between two guys with their shirts off.
5. Lori ran between two guys, into a pole.
6. Into the morning, Lori smashed a pop can through her hand.
7. Under the box was Lori and Kait talking through fake cell phones.
8. Over time Lori lost her crush on a dog.
9. Under the dirt was a worm by the leaf.
10. Over time Lori showered in worms.
1. Lori ran fast, yet she was slow.
2. Lori always talks, so we tune her out.
3. In the morning, Lori eats crackers so our table smashes them into pieces.
4. Lori cried so she got hit by a speeding car.
5. Eating worms is fun, but Lori got sick from the worms.
6. Lori jumped in front of a semi truck, so she was crushed into shreds.
7. Lori was lost and a wrecking ball landed on her driving through the ground.
8. Lori ate Swiss Rolls, so everybody else starved.
9. By the pool, Lori slipped into it and everybody laughed.
10. Lori fell out of a truck and pooped on by a pig.

Sara B said...

Pd 7
(1)Mark left his sister at home.

Kya stayed in bed.

John wrote his name on it.

Penny jumped on her bed.

The pig rolled in the mud.

Erica tripped in school over her bag.

Kyle wanted Hannah on the counter in the kitchen.

Grandma will go over the river and through the woods.

Justin and Erica fought in class and over the phone.

We will sit by the aisle and in front of the blue sign.

(2)Joel and Collin went in first, but Leah came out with more.

Erica was calm and collected, but Justin was angry and loud.

I wanted to stay home, yet I still went out and partied.

Matt loves working at Sunshine, so Sara enjoys it too.

Tanner played video games and Jordan went shopping.

Rozwell kept me up all night, so I am very tired today.

Erica likes to eat Subway and I like to eat McDonalds.

Ricky pooped and Justin peed.

Jayme is going to SDSU and Erica is going USD.

My mom wanted to come so we let her tag along.

Joey B said...

1 Dan jumped over the box
2 Phil ducked under the bar.
3 Dave hopped over the fence.
4 Jane climbed the mountain.
5 Ryan swam across the lake.
6 Dale went to bed because his dog ate his food.
7 During the game, Larry felt like jumping over the hoop.
8 After the concert, Jon went up the stairs.
9 During the class, for enjoyment, the teacher let the kids read.
10 Wally jumped over the moon while flying through the air.

1 Will is big, and bullies people.
2 Joe wants the ice cream, but Harry wants the candy.
3 Lynn wanted to eat, yet there was no food left.
4 Greg felt like running, so he bought a pair of running shoes.
5 Bob needed to shower, yet he was still on the camping trip.
6 Nate wanted to surf but he still had a broken leg.
7 Ned needed to study, but he wanted to watch television.
8 My computer has malfunctioned, and now I am very angry.
9 Jerry was about to catch a pass, but the defensive back tackled him.
10 The wide reciever was scared, yet he still ran into Ronnie.

Terril V.H. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thomas R said...

period 7

Simple

1. Winter is cold.
2. I like winter.
3. I also like summer.
4. In the winter time it's supposed to snow.
5. Why hasn't it snowed more?
6. Global warming is slowly melting the polar ice caps.
7. Al Gore won a Nobel Peace Prize.
8. He doesn't like global warming.
9. Polar bears don't like global warming either.
10. I wish I were in Hawaii still.

Compound

1. Hawaii was awesome but I missed my friends.
2. I wish I could have taken more pictures but the camera was cheap.
3. I never saw a sea turtle and wish I had.
4. There were McDonalds on Hawaii but even they were expensive.
5. There were many Japanese on Hawaii but I didn't care.
6. The ocean was very salty but I didn't care.
7. Airplanes are a fast way to travel but are too small for when you need to sleep.
8. My chair has been vandalized and it isn't as comfortable.
9. The shark was scared so it swam away.
10. I hiked around Diamond Head Crater and never tripped myself.

Terril V.H. said...

Simple:
1. The cat jumped on the bed.
2. I ran through the creek.
3. The dog swam in the lake.
4. The bird sang in the tree.
5. The cow rolled in the mud.
6. Seth jumped over rocks and went under a rope while skiing.
7. The bird flew over the ground and under the tree.
8. My brother made my mother very stressed and mad.
9. The rock skipped and flipped over the water.
10. The fish jumped in the water and in the air.

Compound:
1. Seth wants to ski, but Matt wants to snowboard.
2. Jim wanted food, but his mom said no.
3. The baby bird tried to fly, but fell out of the nest while trying.
4. Mike wanted to hunt, so he bought a gun.
5. Adam ate popcorn and drank a soda.
6. I wanted to wakeboard, but the water was to ruf.
7. Jims pool broke, so now they can't swim in it.
8. I can fly, or at least I wish I could.
9. The baby cried, so I left the room.
10. My cousins dirt bike broke, so I couldn't ride it.

Kelsey M said...

period 7

Simple
1. I drove to the movies.
2. She jumped on the trapoline.
3. Kourtney ran around the block.
4. Nicolette sat next to me.
5. Mom shopped at the mall.

6. My dog jumped off of the couch, onto the floor.
7. Abby works at the store, in customer service.
8. Brandon swam in the pool, at the YMCA.
9. Wade went with his friends to the park.
10. With help from Bob, Steve typed his paper on the computer.

Compound
1. I jumped, and Kourtney followed me.
2. Lori worked out every day this week, yet she didn't lose any weight.
3. Brandon used his new bat in softball, but it didn't improve his batting.
4. I took my dog to the park, and he was very excited.
5. Dad went fishing, but he didn't catch anything.
6. Kim could either dye her hair, or she could cut it.
7. Laura had a job, but she got fired.
8. John has a job, yet he can't afford his rent.
9. Kourtney is annoying; she is constantly talking.
10. Ryan has a dog, yet he never plays with it.

Mik D said...

pd. 7
Simple
1. I fell into the lake.
2. Chris stopped quickly before hitting the deer.
3. The house was sitting on top of the hill.
4. Josh played guitar hero around the clock.
5. The cop pulled me over after leaving my friends house.
6. After leaving my parents house, i got into my car and left.
7. After school i went home and got on the computer.
8. Dan speed accross the bridge and was pulled over on the side of the the road infront of store where his mom was shopping.
9. While running on the side of the road, my friend drove by me.
10. Chris and Kyera went into the ditch and got stuck in the snow.

Compound
1. Last night mom went to college and i went to work.
2. Chris won the race, but got pulled over for street racing.
3. I didnt drive my car, so I took the truck to my friends house.
4. there was a lot of snow on the road in the country, so I had to drive the truck.
5. It cost me twice as mucht to drive the truck, so I decided to drive my car.
6. Dan went for a run and I went for a walk.
7. Track starts in a couple months so I am starting to lift wieghts.
8. I am a thrower and Dan is a runner.
9. I graduate in May so I'm getting ready for college.
10. I have to close tomarow at work, so I must get my homework done after school.

Anonymous said...

Ethan Thompson

7th Period

(1-A)
-Jim is wearing blue.
-That kid shot the pellet gun.
-I ran to the door.
-Martha stole the pen.
-I sent the E-mail.

(1-B)
-Bill cleaned the car and his apartment.
-Martha drank soda and ate popcorn at the movies.
-George went home, after the game.
-I put my seatbelt on. before the crash.
-The lights went out.

(2-A)
-You will live longer and you will feel healthier than ever.
-Hulk Hogan is old and worn out, where as John Cena is in tip-top shape and ready for action.
-The dog is tough, but the cat is smart.
-I jump into the pool, while Lisa climbs down the ladder.
-Jake conforms when he shops at Hollister.
-Jim revolts against society as he shops at Hot Topic.
-I run fast, but a cheetah runs faster.
-She brushes her teeth while she listens to her ipod.
-Fed is young, but he feels old.
-Friday is great, where as Thursday was terrible.

Andrew T said...

SIMPLE
(one prep)
1. Chase is a stud football player at Brandon Valley.
2. Alex uses steriods with a needle.
3. Bob will have no friends in college.
5. In the weight room Jake lifts ferociously.
(two preps)
1. Througout life Bob will lie to his friends.
2. Alex ran over the defender and into the endzone.
3. Knowshon leaped from the five yard line into the endzone.
4. Under the lights and in his gear Knowshon is a star.
5. With his brute strength Joe ran down a deer on Saturday.

Compound:
1 Bob thinks he is good at football, but he is not.
2. Bob lies to friends, so he has none.
3. Bob deceives girls, so they do not trust him.
4. Bob thinks his stories are funny, yet no one laughs at them.
5. Bob tells cool stories about himself, yet no one listens to him.
6. Bob had friends, but he lost them.
7. Bob has an ego problem; he brags a lot.
8. Darren is an athlete, so he will play football in college
9. Chase is very strong; he benches 550 pounds!
10. Bob can't catch and is slow, so he did not play

TJ P said...

TJ P p.7

SIMPLE
1. Fred walked into the door.
2. Jackson threw the ball at the Philadelphia Eagle.
3. Peterson ran through the linebackers.
4. Donovan will be in Minnesota next year.
5. Ziggy will build a stadium in Minneapolis.
SIMPLE W/ TWO PREPS
6. In the barn, all the chickens hid under the hay.
7. Adrian Peterson ran over the linemen and through Brian Urlacher.
8. For the record, he didn't catch the ball in bounds.
9. My grandmother's house is over the river and through the woods.
10. The Titans are in the playoffs for now.

COMPOUND
1. I was eating food and my dad was sleeping.
2. Many of my friends like music but some of my other friends like video games.
3. The musicians took their breaks so the crew packed all the instruments.
4. The police officer handcuffed him and the criminal spit in his face.
5. Mr. Gullickson picked up a car with one hand and was eating a 3 foot sub with the other.
6. The people were busy shopping for gifts on Christmas Eve so the roads were congested.
7. Adrian Peterson had less than ten carries in the second half, so the offense didn't score.
8. Most people love the Beatles, but some people don't know anything.
9. Brad Pitt will be up for Best Actor and he will also be up for Best Supporting Actor.
10. Felipe gave it his all, but it wasn't enough to win them the game.

Tanya R. said...

{1} Simple
-She rode in his car.
-They went to the movies.
-He pit his arm around her seat.
-She put her head on his shoulder.
-He walked her to her front door.

-He ran through the house and out the back door.
-She painted on the walls and spilled on the floor.
-They bounced above his head and fell into the leaves.
-The dog barked and growled at the birds in the backyard.
-The cat hid under the blanket in the girl's room.

{2}Compound
-She wanted to party but her friends didn't want to.
-He didn't feel good, nor did his friends.
-Her parents told her to clean, yet she didn't.
-Joe's dad punished him and he never snuck out again.
-Kelsey squeeled; there was a snake in her path!
-The dogs started barking, but nothing was there.
-He opened her phone and read her messages.
-Amanda likes to go out and have fun, but James likes to stay at home.
-Tanya wished upon a shooting star, yet her wish didn't come true.
-Shawn yelled at his sister, so she hit him.

Britt W said...

period 3

Simple

Of his class, he is the tallest.
With all the success, Tom Osborne is a legend.
With size and speed, he is a great running back.
Joe Ganz is one of the best players on the team.
The player picked Nebraska over Texas.
With great hands, Nate Swift is a sure NFL draft pick in the first round.
He ran over the defender.
With great speed, Marlon Lucky ran across the field.
The hunter hid under the tree before shooting the deer.
As the sun rose, the boy casted his line into the water.

Compound

Kevin set uf the shack, but Britt drilled the holes.
He went fishing, and his brother played video games.
I walked, and he ran.
Spencer went fishing, but he didn't catch anything.
They didn't know whether to go fishing at Lake Alvin or Diamond Lake, so they voted on it.
Nebraska is good, so people go to the games.
Xbox has better gamers than Playstation, so I got an Xbox.
Joe's pass was tipped, but it was still caught for a touchdown.
Quinten Castille is a beast, so he will start for the Huskers next season.
Walleye are good to eat, so we try to catch them.

Arielle S. said...

period 7

1.I run around the lake.
2.They road their bike over the bridge.
3.Sally jumped over the jump rope.
4.Jim fell into a cactus.
5.Sue fell over the shoe.
6.Around the corner, Bob trip through the screen door.
7.In the crack of the house a mouse lived.
8.I jumped over the water and through the finish line.
9.Cady ran in the mountains and in the forest.
10.The chicken clucked in the barn and on top of the barn.

1.I ran twelve miles, but I am not tired.
2.The cross country team traveled to the Minneapolis and we managed to get a flat tire.
3.You will run a marathon, but you can’t clean your room?
4.The yellow dog panted and the black dog slept.
5.The gorilla ate bananas yet the monkey threw them on the ground.
6.I hate volleyball so I do not play.
7.Kelvin and Hobbes are mischievous so they get into a lot of trouble.
8.The young kids play outside so they can focus on school.
9.The play was terrible, yet I’m watching it again.
10.Bob tried to play the saxophone, but he is not very good.

Mr. Matt Christensen said...

From Kelli H:

Simple Sentences
-On the long trip, the family is getting excited to get there.
-Below the bridge, the road is craking.
-During the game, the team was relentless.
-Sam jumped through the ring.
-Over the clouds, the rainbow is vibrant.
-Joan and Gene walk throughout the neighborhood.
-Through the tunnel and under the road is where the cars drive.
-Beside the basked and over the defender the ball flew in.
-Ashley ate an apple in the car until we arrived home.
-The teacher stared over my head and between the desk.

Compound Sentences
-Tom is the captain on the team, yet most of the team listens to Mark.
-He is good at skiing, but his brother is better.
-She is nice to her teammates and they look up to her.
-Alex gladly played games, but Abby wanted to go shopping.
-Dave screamed; Curt had scared Dave in the dark basement.
-The owner stuck his hand out to shake hands so Kate put her hand out too.
-The team did not win nor lose the track meet.
-The boy is sweet, but has a bad temper.
-Jim shot a basket so I went for the rebound.
-The television is loud, yet I still cannot hear it.

Subordinating Conjunctions
-after, unless, whenever, how, if, as much as, so that, wherever, in order that, as soon as

Complex Sentences
5 sentences with D.C. first
-Although Jessi anxiously sang a song or a phrase, many people stared at her.
-After Grace goes into the house, she gets scared.
-Before Juli attacks, she wrestles with a towel.
-Until Tim quits, he continues working.
-If Claire wins, she gets a trophy.
5 sentences with I.C. first
-The girls sang, until they were hoarse.
-Kim and Jaime score goals until their legs are tired.
-Watching for the sunrise is worthwhile, only because it is a beautiful sight.
-They practice often, although they struggle to win.
-Nolan is handsome, tall, and nice, while Randy is geeky, stubby, and rude.

Compound Sentences
-Matt ran out of the house, yet he had nowhere to go.
-Alan wants to run in the hallways, but the cameras are on.
-Scott uses the megaphone, but most of the crowd listens to Gary.
-Diane cheers for her daughter, but she wants to be invisable.
-Wanda keeps the scorebook, so the team could check the information.

Anonymous said...

1

I eat the food.

She drinks the water.

He plays the guitar.

Chris sleeps in class.

Marissa colors with Lindsey.



During the day,
he drinks the water.

After eating, she plays xbox with her brother.

Before going to bed, she brushes her teeth in the bathroom.

During study hall, i type this assignment on the laptop.

While sitting, i think of things to say.



I type this assignment, but i did not finish yet.

Marissa borrows a peice of tape, so she can tape some paper.

That kid reads, so he can get smarter.

She does math, yet she does not understand it.

He sits next to her, and he bugs me.

She has blonde hair, and she has blue eyes.

The tiger sits, and it waits for its prey.

The wall is white and the carpet is blue.

This book is long, and that book is short.

Chris does math, but he hates it.

Stephanie B. said...

pd. 3

Noah dribbles the ball.
Jordan shoots beneath the basket.
The cat was in the middle of the road.
I hit the cat with my car.
At home, she waited.
Freddy is stiff from yesterday's practice.
They sold drugs under the bridge.
He was about to die from boredom.
The monkey was at the zoo by Lewis Drug Store.
In the house, Bob ran from the gorilla.

Alex ran so he could get away.
Jack farts in his pants, but Rachel farts under the blankets.
Noah became bored, so he left his house and met up with Steph and they had a good time.
The dog fell but he returned uninjured.
Jake shook Tim's hand and Tim thanked him.
Trixi knew she was stupid, but she found that stupid people can have jobs, too.
The window is clear and the curtains are stained.
Grammar is a hard subject, but we are forced to learn it anyway.
Her phone rang so she answered it.
The pen didn't work, so she grabbed a new one.

hollyt said...

holly t
pd5

simple
One prep
1.Abby likes boys in football.
2.The baby crawled up the stairs in her socks.
3.Casey likes to dance in the rain.
4.Tyson played next to Dylan.
5.The girl was on top of the couch.
two preps
6.In the forest Mike likes to hike over the rocks.
7.The boy enjoys diving in the pool under the sun.
8.Durning the talent show, Felix sang in front of the crowd.
9.Durning her hike the girl got lost inside the cave,
10.Under the stars the girl camped with her friends.

Compound
1.Joey jumped on his bed but he fell off.
2.Shelly was sick so her mother took her to the doctor.
3.Meghan went to the concert and drove to the after party.
4.He wanted to go sledding but there was not enough snow.
5.Casey was a church but Holly was at work.
6.Casey wanted Starbucks but her mom said no.
7.Abby wanted to go snowmobiling but there was no snow.
8.One Tree Hill is the best show but some people disagree.
9.Holly wants ice cream or she was Starbucks.
10.Holly and Casey did not go to Red Lobster nor did they go to Olive Garden.

Paul H. said...

7

1.
See Jane run around the block.
Listen to Tarzan swing while eating a bannana.
The dog barks loudly after supper.
No one thinks well without eating breakfast.
My family is crazy on long trips.

I like green eggs and ham in the dark, in the rain, on boats, and on trains.
While in school, I learn various things before lunch.
During school, in class, some students sleep.
Over the river and through the woods is grandma's house.
Before eating you must wash your hands in the sink.

2.
I have math homework and I have english home work.
My brother watches tv and I do homework.
You do this and I do that.
Sam likes cats and Bob likes dogs.
I like dogs but Sam doesn't.
Water is healthy yet it tastes bland.
My mother was angry because I didn't clean my room.
Music can entertaining or it can noize.
While typeing these sentences, I become smarter and my writing improves.
McDonalds is disgusting so I don't eat there

Lindsey H said...

pd. 3
1. She was on the stage dancing.
2. My mom was on the phone for hours.
3. My car was stuck in the ditch.
4. I was sitting on my remote.
5. My sister went with me to the store.
6. I walked through the door and into my room.
7. She went over the bridge and in the woods.
8. Santa landed on the roof and went down the chimney.
9. On Saturday, at my house, we are having my family over.
10. I fell down the stairs and landed under the desk.

1. Smith knows he is alone, and pretends he is not.
2. Befor his family leaves, Will tells them goodbye but Sam stays with him.
3. Will walked into the dark building with his loaded gun while Sam was hiding.
4. I walked down the sidewalk, toward the street so I could see the people coming.
5. Before the contest, the dancers warm up with their instuctor and wait until they perform.
6. Kelsey uses the computer, yet most of the girls use their phone to talk to thier friends.
7. I have two keys and she has four.
8. I play the drums and she sings.
9. I will drive there by myself or car pool with a friend.
10. These sentences are hard to think of but they will help for the test.

Rachel K said...

rachel k (7)

simple

1.Your cactus was on my chair.
2. It needed somewhere to sit.
3. Envelopes envelope my letters.
4. You're sitting on my cactus.
5.Twinkies do expire.

6. Heroes save people and rescue kitty cats.
7. Candy is sweet and rots your teeth.
8. John and Kate work hard and play with their children.
9. The XBox commericial is innovative yet creepy.
10. Some commercials are cheaply and directed poorly.

11. I can make waffles, I can consume resources, and I can sneak cookies out of the cookie jars.
12. People juggle various projects, and they deal with emotional stresses.
13. Crayons and markers come in an assortment of colors, but pencils only come in one color.
14. I think cookies are good, but my nephew thinks cake is better.
15. harry Potter goes to Hogwarts and he finds friends.
16. Nemo's dad is afraid of everything, and he will not allow his son to do anything fun.
17. Saw Four does not have a spectacular plot, but it has plenty of gory details.
18. Nobody should expect perfection, but they should expect quality.
19. Hawaii is warm; South Dakota is cold.
20. Horton knows he is right, so he doesn't back down.

Nicole O. said...

PERIOD 2 Finish of #2 in Blog #1
2. Batman is a hero and he is successful in catching criminals.
3. She didnt want to play with Lindsey, and she didnt want to play with Alex.
4.I need to go to work, but I'm feeling too sick to work.
5. Dogs make good pets, for they are man's best friend.
6. Hillary Duff is umpopular in the movie A Cinderella Story and Chad Michael Murray is popular.
7. Sam is afraid she will not be accepted so she wears a mask.
8. Batman is a villan so is the Joker.
9. In House of Wax Chad Michael Murray is srong and fearless but his sister is weak and scared.
10. I want to go to the fair, and I want to ride the ferris wheel.

Anonymous said...

Kjerstin
Pd. 7
(1)
1. He went up the hill.
2. She punched him in the face.
3. She ate lunch.
4. He wanted to go onto the bridge.
5. Liza went in the water.
6. He jumped off the bridge and over the mountain.
7. She went on the horse and over the road.
8. Jenna jumped onto the house and slipped on a banana.
9. She fell off of the roof, and into a puddle.
10. Freckles the cat jumped onto the table and into the birthday cake.
(2)
1. Jenna threw the ball, but there was no one on the other side to catch it.
2. Jenna began to cry for her friend had left her.
3. Jenna wanted to go find her friend, but decided she was too sad.
4. Jenna became angry and wanted to punch her friend, yet knew she couln't actually do it.
5. Jenna went to find her friend, and ended up just crying.
6. Jenna then realized she was angry, and hit her friend.
7. Jenna's friend neither got angry nor reacted because she knew she was wrong.
8. Jenna's friend said sorry, for she had abandoned Jenna.
9. Jenna's friend vowed to never leave her again, and if so, would tell her where she was going.
10. Jenna became happy again, for she felt she could now trust her friend.

Chris Steffen said...

othello is going to be a sweet play.