
This is the third major work by Shakespeare you have studied during your high school experience. What do you genuinely think, (with no fluff or b.s. permitted)? Why Shakespeare at all? How is he/is he not genius? Is his language relevant? If you despise Shakespeare, why do so many people enjoy his works? If you love Shakespeare, why do so many people loathe his works? You may type as much/little as you like, as long as you are honest and invested. Say something that really matters to you here.
You must respond to this post and to two other student comments, which will make this a legitimate discussion forum. A good way to get someone to respond to your comment is to include a question for someone to directly answer. Or, be boldly opinionated enough--without being childishly offensive--to generate a response.
Here's some boldness: Some people would say/think these things; I would not. "If you cannot or will not appreciate and love Shakespeare, you are an idiot." or "If you love Shakespeare, there is something wrong with you--you are out of touch with reality and need your brain examined (you might need a lobotomy, in fact)." or "If you don't like Shakespeare, you are not a human being, because human beings feel emotions and Shakespeare's plays are packed with emotional scenes and speeches." or "If you love Shakespeare, you are not tough, manly, or cool." or "If you do not love Shakespeare, you do not fully live." or "If you enjoy Shakespeare, you are wasting your time with out-of-date language and stupid stories of love, revenge, and so on, that will never help you think any better or get anything you don't have already. WASTE OF TIME."
Are we becoming academically lazy? Or would more interesting, relevant, and current material help us THINK CRITICALLY (the main purpose of this class) well enough and/or better than Shakespearean material? For instance, what would help you in life better, a Shakespeare semester course elective, or a film history and criticism
semester course elective? Couldn't we learn about evil through/with "The Hills Have Eyes"? Couldn't we learn about love through/with "The Notebook" or "Twilight" or "One Tree Hill"? Be "easier" and better, right? Maybe we cannot get emotionally involved in Othello, because we are too busy trying to understand what is being done and said?! Maybe we shouldn't even try to get emotionally attached to Shakespeare, but isn't that the point of drama?
Maybe we should cut all that is too tough: Anatomy, Trigonometry...?
431 comments:
«Oldest ‹Older 201 – 400 of 431 Newer› Newest»stephanie is getting kicked in the face!
3
Allot of the classes you mentioned are optional. If you think they are hard and are going to complain about them, then why take it? It's easy to just quit then take the time to say how hard a class is.
p.3
America is growing stupid because it's ignorant
nicole:
i've tried shakespeare just like i've tried alot of foods... and i don't like it... at all. Not too many kids would say they enjoy reading something they can't understand.
Paul--note taking shows dedication and effort. Note taking tests your commitment. Note taking forces you to becoming active, involved, rather than passive and disinterested. Check out Robert Marzano's research: note taking helps people learn better than all but one instructional exercise.
I agree with Casey. Everything we do is not supposed to be fun, although we would like it to be. What would we learn if we cut out the boring or challenging things? Life is not always fun so we just need to get over it and look at the positive things about Shakespeare.
Nicole, I dont enjoy attending plays, so who says by me trying to read these plays that i will end up liking them
Yeah, I like the idea of fun things.. all the time! But since when do we always study fun things? NEVER! Maybe this could change that..
I agree with Casey, if we only study what is fun, wouldn't we just be bored. I mean yeah.. It's interesting to a point but it's most stuff we already knowl. So what's the point studying only stuff we think is fun? To me, it sounds lazy, We don't want to put in the effort to learn about some historical events
pd.3
If given a choice between a semester elective on Shakespeare and film criticism I would most definitely choose the Shakespeare. Reading is an amazing thing because it takes you to another world, it allows you to envision the characters in your own way, and it can connect to you in a way that movies can not. I find that I am often disappointed when I view a movie based on a book because it never can live up to the expectations in my mind. For example the Twilight series is very popular and is now a popular movie. I read the books a while back and was upset when I saw what they had created in the movie. I think that the film didn’t do a good job of truly grasping the gravity of the characters situation. These two people essentially ruin each others lives because they can’t stay away from each other, the movie sort of made a joke out of it and made it seem like they kinda sorta liked each other. I was also troubled to find the book at Barnes and Noble, with the cover now being a picture of the movie starlet's faces. I mean even Stephanie Meyer (author of the Twilight series) channels Shakespeare and other classical authors for her books. "New Moon" being somewhat based on Romeo and Juliet and Eclipse being based on "Wuthering Heights". It goes to show that Shakespeare and other classical authors are still transcending the generations. Shakespeare was revolutionary because he understood that as long as people couldn’t truly and honestly communicate with one another their ever changing temperaments would cause them trouble, this is the reason we can still relate it to life today. Shakespeare also realized that often in life the "bad guy" thrives, he doesn’t give us stories with happy endings-these people have flaws that usually lead to their downfalls. Although the language Shakespeare uses is at times difficult, it creates a certain eloquence that we don’t often come across in the world we live in today. The classics are classics for a reason, because they are timeless and it teaches us that the general dynamics of society are still the same as they were 400 years ago. Most importantly reading a book allows us to obtain our own view of the stories but a movie shows us what the director thinks it should be, what the characters should look like, and how they see the characters interacting with one another.
America is growing stupid in a way because it's ignorant
I totally dont agree with Casey!!! What is fun is not necessary stupid and dumb. I find science extremely fun, and I doubt Im the only person who does.
cody doesn't know how to spell
stephanie is stupid!
pd. 3
paul i dont think they were complaining about either they just feel differently and i do agree that we need to learn it, not because it is old and historical that is why we have history we learn it in english because it created a path for authors today to follow
Mallory: I agree that there are SO MANY Americans that are ignorant. It becomes entirely annoying. I think we are all ignorant in different ways, but I try not to be as much as possible. Americans need to think before they speak, or maybe educate themselves before they speak, I guess.
Steph's exactly right! We could challenge ourselves with fun things, topics, and works!
(Or is that impossible? Once something is difficult, doesn't it cease to become fun? Or is One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest in that "Tough, Yet Fun" category?)
I agree with Tracy. I think that we do need to study history, because without history, we have no future. I also think that studying Shakespeare is not very popular with people our age because it gives us a challenge. Some people just dont like having to think.
Period 5
I think that we should study Shakespeare in school. I do not believe that it is a waste of our time. Even though it is confusing and hard to understand, it is necessary because it is a big part of our history and it will make us smarter. Shakespear, in a sense, helps us to learn how to learn. You might have to reread it a lot, and look things up, but that can only help us in the long run.
period 5
I think that Shakespeare needs to be studied because although it doesn't use current English dialect, it helps us broaden our vocabulary. I think that when you explain Shakespeare and the way they talk to someone else is when it is most relevant, because you have to put it into your own words and you must have a broad vocabulary to do so. Also in order to understand the way that the charecters are talking in the play we must think to ourselves what they are saying in modern day English. So i think that studying old English helps us improve our current English skills.
pd.5
I think we should study Shakespeare because it is a big part of history. One reason I think people do not like to study it is because it is hard to understand, but it is how we use to speak. Also it will make us smarter, even though modern day stuff is easier for us to understand and alot more fun for us to study, it is not worth it as much.
Pd.5
I do not like Shakespeare stories at all because alot are hard to understand because they are made from back in the old ages! I prefer the present day plays and book because they are easier to understand. I do not think his language is in English, most English/American words make sense. For example, like the word loathe for love, they are stupid.
I fight ignorance every hour, every day: my own ignorance, ignorance of others, the ignorance offered to/forced on others... Doesn't Shakespeare help us fight ignorance?
I fight ignorance every hour, every day: my own ignorance, ignorance of others, the ignorance offered to/forced on others... Doesn't Shakespeare help us fight ignorance?
I fight ignorance every hour, every day: my own ignorance, ignorance of others, the ignorance offered to/forced on others... Doesn't Shakespeare help us fight ignorance?
pd.5
I believe Shakespeare was very intelligent, past, present, and future. I think that he wrote on stuff that really happened. In life, there are not always happy endings, there is destructon and caos. Shakespeare just wrote things how they happen, no sugar coating. You don't have to like shakespeare, not everyone does, but you can take things he talks about and apply them to everyday life.
I agree with Tracy. I think that we must study history because without history, we have no future. I also think that Shakespeare is not very well-liked with people our age is because it is a challenge to understand. Some of us don't like to read something that makes us think.
english
Period
I agree with Kaitlin. I think that we should study Shakespeare in class. It would open up our minds to other things and we would gain knowledge. She is exactly right, we might have to read a lot, but so what, its going to help us in the long run.
"LOATHE" means to hate, not to love!!!
the language is old,but it is beautiful jaron. even though you do not understand it all you can get the jist of what they are saying. That is why we study it. We don't talk like that anymore, but it would broaden our vocabulary.
Is the Facebook connection an apt (good, correct) one? Couldn't you really mess up one's life on Facebook, if you were wicked like Iago? Could you ruin their lives by starting in the hallways or on text messages?
Pd.5
I agree with Stephanie Bachman that Shakespeare is stupid and why read something that most kids don't understand unless you've studied Shakespeares books and writings.
I agree with Casey. If Shakespeare were just an elective and not taught in class i don't think that many people would take it. Many kids would be too afraid to try it because they are afraid they might like it. I wouldn't have known i liked Shakespeare without reading it in class, because i wouldn't have ever tried it if i didn't have to. So i think that there should be an elective but it should also be taught in regular English classes.
pd.5
I personally dont enjoy Shakespeare. All of the stories are along the same similar story line. A man and a woman who shouldnt fall in love do. Also I dont even really understand what they are saying, for example Othello, I barely know whats going on when I read from the book. I can see why some people enjoy Shakespeare because of the love stories and all, but to me its nothing too exciting. I think that they should have a Shakespeare elective for people who enjoy it, and then the people that dont enjoy it so much dont have to read about it.
period 5
I think that Shakespeare is a big part of our history and by studying it, we can better understand what people thought back then. If you dont like it, fine, thats your choice, but I think we should study it. If we read a play and then sit there and actually try to break down the meanings of the words then we will understand it better. Its a great way to learn.
Must our vocabulary include words like "unvarnished tale," "cuckold me," "knock thee over the mazzard," and so on?
I think we study Shakespeare due to the fact most students don’t like it but we need to learn how to read the real English literature and it makes us think way more complex. Even though most students don’t like it including myself we must learn to live with it because no matter what we do it’s not going to go away. The schools have it in our curriculum for a reason. Each time we read it we learn more and more and the day we fully comprehend it we shall all be fascinated because it will be a miracle. People can read Shakespeare for years and still not understand it that’s why so many people like it and are fascinated by it because its written so differently and is written so we don’t get it and will have to figure it out. You can’t expect to pick up a book for the first time and just expect to understand it if you don’t know how to read this is a different language than we understand.
pd.5
I agree with Jennifer because I do believe it is important to expand our vocabulary and learn where it originally came from. If you never learned to expand your vocabulary then you would just sound dumb your entire life.
pd.5
jaron: well most kids don't understand it because we haven't learned it. we will be more intelligent if we study it.
There are good things and bad things to any Shakespeare. It is very hard to understand do to his word use but also helpful because it is history like Tracy said. His words mess with your mind in the meaning he is trying to convey. Overall, I am not into any of Shakespeare just because it is bland and repetative. I also agree with Erik that we do need to study all the history even if we all think of it as insignificant, because it most likely will happen again and there for we will probably know how to handle the situation without blowing something out. But why does almost all of Shakespeare's work involve the same basic background(jealousy, love, killing) in all his novels.
Period 5
I agree with Jennifer because it is important to have a broad vocabulary. If we don't have a broad vocabulary then, when we grow up and get jobs, we might sound a little bit stupid. I don't think that Shakespeare is hurting us in anyway. I think that it is only helping us.
But Casey--analyzing every line of just one play, Othello for example, would take an entire semester!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pd.5
Once again I disagree with some people I might get the jist of the book but I like books where I can just read through and not study the pages for five minutes to get what is going on or how they describe the action that is being put on.
I also agree with Meghan. Although students don't like to read it they should still have to. Through out life we have to do things we do not want to do because someone who is higher up than us wants us to. We might as well get used to it now.
p.5
I think Shakespear's stuff is good for us to learn because it challenges us and makes us think like we've never thought before. There are parts of the book that are completely impossible to understand(for me)but there are also parts that are easy to understand. Yeah, some of the stuff we are reading may not be the most exiting stuff ever, in fact, it might be pretty boring, but it helps stretch our thoughts. No matter how painful this is it will turn us into bright, scholarly students.
pd 5
I think us studying Shakespeare is good for us because it acknowledges us more outside of our comfort zone and its more then just the regular things that we are use to learning. Shakespeare for me is hard to understand but I suck it up and deal with it because it’s teaching me more then the normal and it is expanding my knowledge. I think that a semester of learning through like the Notebook and One Tree Till and The Hills Have Eyes would be interesting and I would probably take the course in a heartbeat, compared to a course of Shakespeare. I would prefer to learn a way in which I was comfortable talking and I would have much more to say when discussing things about the Notebook then Othello or Romeo and Juliet.
I dont think Shakespeare is that bad to read and learn about. But I dont think he is a genius. His plays challenge us to think about the words that he uses, but if you dont read in depth, you wont see all of his messages. But all the stories we read have messages in the words if you look deep enough, and how you take it.
said by Erin Sudbeck
I think Shakespeare is good to learn. It shows a different way of life and it’s interesting. You learn more about feelings through Shakespeare in a way because Shakespeare is very deep. Also going to Shakespeare in class helps me a lot and makes me want to learn and read more of Shakespeare. We should read Shakespeare because a lot of his plays/novels are famous. So if they are famous obviously they are a good read. It just sometimes people don’t like Shakespeare because it is very hard to understand but once you get it, Shakespeare’s plays/novels always turn out to be good.
I agree with Casey Strand because it is true if we just study something that was fun or easy America would just become lazy and stupid. We have to challenge ourselves in things for us Americans to achieve and become something better. So without challenges our country would be come very lazy, stupid, and we would never achieve greater things for our lives.
I agree with Eric and Jayme. We need to know about history so we don’t do the same mistakes and learn from our past. Like Eric said Shakespeare is just as important as the study of history. This is true because just because Shakespeare really doesn’t teach us that much importance. It shows a different way of writing which is very interesting to learn.
pd.5
i agree with kaitlin. We do become smarter to learn about Shakespeare. We will broaden our vocabulary and sound more intellegent when we talk. We will get better jobs, do better in school, and just be a better person
Personally, Shakespear to me is just a bunch of words put together from his own language. He makes it so hard for people to understand. Even though it is tough to understand there are a few lines that do make sense to me. I can catch a few words every here and there and put together what Shakespear is trying to say. If we were just reading the book in class I would be completely lost and extremely nervous for the test on Friday, but the movie has definitely helped a lot. I think some people who like it are the type of people who are into history and old fashioned writing, most likely older people but that could be a stereotype, I'm not sure.
I disagree with Jennifer. If a student hasnt heard about it then they might be curious and take it. I dont think we should be required to take it. To me its a waste. Maybe your freshman year you could learn a little about it and that would be required, but when your sophmores through seniors and you know from freshman year you didnt like it, then we shouldnt have to take it.
pd.5
I agree with Casey N because I also think that it is important to learn about it and if you do not like it that is fine, it is just to help you learn.
prd. 5
I enjoy shakespeare to a certain degree. Some of the language is tough to understand but I do think it is relevant sometimes. It is a different way to look at stories of action, love, and deceit. At times it can be frustrating but if I consitrate I can understand mostliny what shakespeare is trying to say. I believe highschool should have some shakespeare but not to much. Its use is more for entertainment and cant really be used in real life. Nobody talks that way so cant be used in everyday life. Because you like shakespeare doesnt make you a faggot but shows you like a different type of literature. With help from Mr. C I do enjoy reading Othello.
Studying Shakespeare does hurt us. In the business world, there are things called "opportunity costs"--what is lost when you miss out on something. By studying Shakespeare, we are not able to work on writing more or 1984 more or Lord of the Flies more--books that are more easily understood and have more relevance to this and last century.
period 5
I agree with Jennifer B. and Kaitlin G. If we actually have a class, kids would be afraid to try it, because they might get laughed at by their friends, and cause they will think its to hard. If we wouldnt have read this or Romeo and Juliet in 9th grade, we would have never been exposed to their language and it helps broaden our vocabulary. We should still have it in regular english classes, but also have that elective class to get deeper into Shakespeare and really break it down.
I think that Shakespeare was probably an admired person back in his time, and some people today still like his work, but I think that his works aren't really that necessary to learn from the past. History is important because without our past their is no future, but Shakespeare didn't infulence us to this day that much. He is no different of an artist/director than the ones we have today. He wrote about tragedies and love stories, which we still do. So I guess I dont know what it is about him that makes him an important figure of the past.
I agree with Jaron. Reading a book where you have to really analyze the pages really takes the fun out of reading. By analying every page, you kind of lose thought of what is actually going on.
Period 5
I agree with Alexa in that, Shakespeare dosen't put a sugar coating on anything. There isn't much I enjoy about Shakespeare but one thing that I do is that there isn't always a happy ending. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy books with happy endings, but in life there aren't always happy endings.
pd. 5
I think Shakespeare is beneficial. It is because it is like Trig. or other hard concepts. We use them to help us think better. We may never use these ideas ever again, but we will think better.
I agree with Dani!
I agree with Casey because I feel studying Shakespeare is beneficial to our learning and without it were just going to read novels we completely understand and our learning isn’t going to grow. We need to read things we don’t understand so we learn from it not simple easy books that wouldn’t benefit us at all.
if we study things that we understand then where is the callenge? we need to challenge ourselves and expand our learning. This will make us a better person. If school was easy then why do we bother to go? we need hard stuff to keep our attention. They make us think and make us more intelligent. They mature us and someday get us better jobs
I don't think that Shakespeare would make a very good elective to add to our school curriculum. I don't think that many people would take it because of having full schedules, and also whenever someone says the word "Shakespeare" almost everyone automatically thinks... "Difficult". so I dont think it would last very long even if they did try it for a year or two.
Darren you spelt consentrate wrong!
period 5
Mr. C -- It might take a whole semester but if we are learning then thats a semester that would be well worth it. Maybe not Othello but another play but either way, I would take that class.
Period 5
I think Shakespeare is important to learn about but at times can be frustrating and down right boring. The language is difficult to understand so as a class it helps when the teacher stops and clarifies exactly what is going on and what the characters are thinking. Shakespeare must be incorporated with school to some extent. I believe there should be an optional English semester course that only deals with Shakespearean work. I also believe that there should be at least one Shakespeare story per year in regular English classes. Shakespeare has no influence on whether a person is straight or gay. Some gays like symphony music and some gays like rap, some guys like sports and some like ballet, so why should literature be any different? Some gays like vampire novels and some like Shakespeare.
Pd 5
Mr.C
Facebook can ruin a life and a reputation. If someone really wanted to ruin someone’s life then they could make a false facebook account for someone they do not like and they could post nasty things on other peoples wall saying bad things and talking crap, and even if they have like bad pictures or things that could ruin ones reputation they could post them on their make believe facebook.
I feel that Shakespeare is more than woth our time. Simply because most students aren't up to par with Shakespeare's use of language doesn't mean it should be abolished from all lesson plans. I believe that society has been dumbed down into only reading/watching materials that come easy to them. What's so wrong with being challenged? It only help you in the long run, can reading Shakespeare actually have a negative effect on your life? No. Give it a chance and quit complaining. It's like any modern day book with a few complicated words thrown in. I've heard time and time again of shows such as One Tree Hill and how good they are, I've seen this abomination of a show, I watched 10 minutes and felt my IQ slowly dropping. Perhaps if society spent more time focusing on useful materials rather than these ditsy teen shows. One Tree Hill really sucks. Really really bad. It should be cancelled.
p.5 I agree with big Zach.
William Shakespeares teachings have been around for centuries. His work is regarded as one of the greatest creations known in the english language but also being known as one of the futile things to learn known to man. Which one is it? That is entirely up to you of course but to me we need it but at the same time we could live without his teachings. Normally if someone were to say that they liked Romeo and Juliet, Othello, or any of Shakespeare's work a person would be classified as gay if you were not a woman. Which is a typical stereotype there are plenty of people who like it and are not gay and at the same time they are people who are gay who don't like it. So it's best to leave stereotypes out of this predicament. Now should we keep this, yes since it's been around for ages and gave us a look on one of modern day entertainment hundreds of years ago. No because it is too hard to understand the language they are speaking, and gives us a typical story of two beings and falling in love and receiving so much criticism around there own family. I agree with some of the students to where if we dont learn this we are becoming academically lazy, this is how the language was spoken during the shakespearen era. I also agree with some of the students that said he is a complete waste of time and we must focus on the present and compare his stories to more realistic ideas. There is no right and there is no wrong, there can only be the facts and the facts point to both sides. If we got rid of his teachings than people would complain that we aren't studying it, but if we make entire semester out of it even the supporters will feel burnt out from his teachings. We must accept William Shakespearen language and learn what his point was. We must also though choose to protest about his teachings just because its controvercial subject. It's like having your cake and eating it too.
But Ally, alot of us grow up alot more from Freshman year. Some might be embarassed to admit freshman year that they like Shakeseaper so we should study it a little each year and as we mature we can read more into what they are saying. I understand Othello more now than than i understood Romeo and Juliet freshman year because i have matured mentally and widened my vocabulary. When we understand more we tend to enjoy it more.
pd.5
I agree with Derek. When I read Shakespeare It is easy to get lost but when you do get something it feels like quite an accomplishment.
I agree with 100% with Gil and think that Shakespeare isn't that bad but he isn't that amazing either, and that the language he uses is hard to understand.
pd. 5
I think that Shakespeare is over rated and that it should not be taught near as much as it is.
I agree with tracy. i believe that shakespeare is a waste of time. It may teach a few people about language but it isnt important enough to study for a long period of time. For a lot of people it goes in one ear and out the other.
I also agree with chad. If we are going to study shakespeare, i think that it should be watched and not read. it is too complicated for some to understand when it has to be read.
pd. 5
I think that Shakespeare is over rated and that it should not be taught near as much as it is.
I agree with tracy. i believe that shakespeare is a waste of time. It may teach a few people about language but it isnt important enough to study for a long period of time. For a lot of people it goes in one ear and out the other.
I also agree with chad. If we are going to study shakespeare, i think that it should be watched and not read. it is too complicated for some to understand when it has to be read.
I think ally and dani should be more open minded. They dont like to think and thats too bad. If they would give shakespeare a chance im sure they would like it. Instead they watch stupid stuff on tv like one tree hill.
If you cannot get past the difficulty, you cannot get into the interpretation! We must have a writing about film unit this semester or later.
I agree with Big Zach also.
I agree with Alexa. Shakespeare does not sugar coat anything to make it sound better, he tells it like it is and how it really happened.
p.5
I agree with Alex about him agreeing with Gilbert who says that Shakespear is alright but not the best.
pd 5
I would totally agree with Dani, if we were just reading the book i would still be on the first page trying to figure out what the heck he is trying to say, and i would fail the test on Friday. The movie is helping me out a whole bunch to understand what is going on.
i am not getting into the one tree hill conversation
I agree with Megan t. also. The things Shakespeare rights about are still common issues today in people’s life. When people see interracial relationships a lot of them don’t accept them still and stop and stare believing it is not right. We need to get over the issues we dealt with in the Shakespearean times. Love and Conspiracy is a common theme in Shakespeare’s writing and draws people into it. Maybe the ignorant people don’t read Shakespeare or don’t like to read it because it deals with things they are against. They don’t want to change their ways and Shakespeare shows them how stupid they are being for acting the way they do because it shows both sides of the factor.
Can "complicated" be a good thing? Maybe we need Shakespeare to "complicate" things, forcing us to work harder and become smarter.
p.5
I agree with Holly, the movie is very helpful.
i dont think it is a waste of time. What else would we do? study a book that is an easy read and take a simple test? We wouldn't learn anything. We need shakespeare to make us smarter. i disagree wtih tracy. Ally: we grow up since the time we read shakespeare. now we actually get something from it. we are more mature now and we see things we didn't before.
ok i spelt it wrong too darren.. haha nvm
Ally you are so smart seriously your like the smartest person ever. If wealth was based on knowledge you would be the richest person on earth. You Rock
Im going to have to disagree with Chad and say that Shakespeare isn't a strange man, because the things he talks about in his novels still happen to this day and our society still talks about his works. So it must not be that strange for us to still learn about it 200 years later.
agree to disagree
move is helpful
period 5
I agree with Alexa and Nick. Shakespeare is worth our time and effort to understand what he means. He doesnt sugar coat it and thats good, atleast someone was willing to go out there and say what they feel exactly.
Nick- First of all, some people like to have fun in their life. NOT that shakespear can't be fun but One Tree Hill is just a show that we like to get together and watch. It is relatable so it makes it interesting to watch. Where as Shakespear is not relatable at all. It makes no sense and has fantasy-like plots. You can't compare One Tree Hill and Shakespear really.
Christian and Chad--we've actually read about 10 pages, right? You read what you want/must. We will watch the whole thing--the pausing has been meant to clarify and lead you into what's interesting and happening soon/next. So you two are satisfied? (We are also devoting only two weeks to Othello, cool?)
pd. 5
I also agree with Darren. At our school we have just the right amount of Shakespeare. Anymore might be overdoing it. I know that when we are done with Othello that will be enough Shakespeare for this year.
there are alot of worse shows though i will admit than one tree hill
p.5
For the most part I have a hard time understanding Shakespeare, but when someone helps interpret it I understand and enjoy it. I like that reading it is a challenge and it makes you think. I also like that Shakespeare touches on subjects that are risky but interesting to read, like Josh M. said above, a white woman marrying a black man, or two enemys falling in love and taking their lives for it. It pushes the limits and intrigues us. Although Shakespeare's language and the way he wrote is difficult to read and society today doesn't speak like that, all of Shakespeare's subjects relate to present day.
I agree with Jayme K. above. Shakespeare is important history and it needs to be studied just like all other events, movements, and eras.
I also agree with holly. Without the movie I would be sooo lost!
I agree with Alex maybe Shakespeare isn't a strange man. Maybe he just observes whats going on around him and what we do is weird. He might have just written about what he sees and in that case the "normal" people are weird not Shakespeare.
Dani, one tree hill has nothing to do with Shakespeare
Dani, you spelled Shakespeare wrong. Twice. Not once, twice.
I disagree with Danielle because Shakespeare is not just a bunch of words thrown together. Shakespeare isn't just some guy! His language was once awesome and we are broadening our horizons with every single word.
period 5
Complicated can be a good thing. How are we going to get anywhere in life if its not complicated to help us along the way.
Pd5
I believe that it is important for high schools to keep Shakespeare’s books in their classes. It is important for us to learn about life. One thing I don’t like is his English language. It confuses me but I like the story. It is about life: jealousy, murder, love, revenge, and many different emotions. It is about real life. Just as in “Othello”, Iago is jealous and wants revenge. Desdemona and Othello fall in love with each other. Also in the end of the story, there is always someone that dies. Just as in life, everyone will die in the end.
I agreed with Casey because kids would like read modern stories not from the past. Also Shakespeare wrote comedies but this is not very comedy funny to us. It is an old story. If it was more modern but the same kind of story then the kids will be more interested in it and understand it better because this is like life.
I agreed with Tracy about the language being very different than our modern language. In the past people think and feeling different than we do. For example, blacks and whites were segregated, so if they saw a black and white couple kissing each other they would feel this is very wrong. But today this is different. I don’t care if this happens. Also I do not feel this is wrong.
I disagree with Ariele. Shakespeare is not so predictable the main thing you only know is that yeah it’s going to be a tragedy. That’s good that Shakespeare makes tragedy it shows that yeah there are tragedies in life. Life it’s all happy jolly good old time, life is hard not everything is going to be happily ever after. Well life always does get better after something bad happens but Shakespeare is just being opposite and instead of writing Fairly Tales that everyone loves to read he wrote tragedies and did an excellent job at it. How can Shakespeare be boring just because you don’t get doesn’t mean its boring. I bet if you totally understood Shakespeare you would appreciate more. That’s why we should study Shakespeare in high school and College. Shakespeare is so different and everyone should study about Shakespeare it might open your mind and see the world a bit differently
that was said by ERin Sudbeck
"One Tree Hill" has absolutely plots that are like fantasies!
I disagree with Casey. I think that Shakespeare is not worth our time at all. After we read it, alot of us give a huge sigh of relief, and then that's that. We dont talk about it anymore and most of us forget about it. Honestly, I won't remember "othello" 10 years down the road. so I think its pointless
I agree with Carmen and Casey to the point where we will remember Othello and other Shakespeare plays if we choose to. If we don't care about it then we won't.
well carmen we will not remember othello but we will remember what it taught us.
One Tree Hill and Shakespeare are different. Yes they both have "relationships" in them but the story lines are way different! Even though I dont watch One Tree Hill alot, they are different.
Period 5
I agree with Brittany Roby. Because Shakespeare is a good writer, but honestly I would have never read any of his “plays”. I find most of them boring and hard to understand. But when we watch the plays/movies I understand it a lot better. They seem to dumb down the language a little in plays/movies. But I still cannot read a whole 2 or 3 pages of it because I don’t understand it and it bores me. If we had a semester all on Shakespeare I probably would never even think about taking it. I take more time analyzing what is trying to be said then what is actually happening. I do not understand the book at all, but I can somewhat follow along with the movie/play. Othello is a play about two people falling in love that are not supposed to…. Isn’t that what almost every Shakespeare play about?? I mean look at Romeo and Juliet, they were suicidal teenagers who couldn’t even know what they wanted.
Shakespeare did have an idea of the world and how everyone acted. You could take some of his plays and compare them to the world today. He knows about racism and love, jealousy, and even suicide…..
Honestly Shakespeare should be taught but only one play and give us like a dictionary to understand all these words. “Othello” is a play where the bad guy wins, two lovers deceive each other and die, and where people kill and die for jealousy. I also agree with Tanya Rosa because she says about the notes. I only take them for the grade, I don’t study from my notes, I try to remember everything. But I don’t study and taking 5 pages of notes is excessive.
I agree with Erin most books are just a fantasy where Shakespeare shows more real life experiences and shows the tragedies.
the movie is good and if we didnt pause it we would be listening with our eyes and be staring off into space
How about my pausing the film? Does that annoy you? Watching is better than reading, but shouldn't we just watch it straight through, no interruptions and no analysis? Be "funner," right?
No Alexa, I don't think I will remember it at all. I don't really like things like this, but its a good challenge as long as it only lasts a few weeks, cause any more than that and I would just give up.
Said by ERin Sudbeck
It is true by Megan T. that Shakespeare is common with today. People today still do the things Iago does. Also everyone gets jealous once in awhile its hard to not to get jealous its human nature to get jealous of someone.... also Agreed with holly the movie helps a lot without the movie i would not understand it at all or atleast be really confused.
I agree with Carmen! Some of us just want to get it over with. I will never look back at Shakespeare, or even ever miss it. What are we getting out of it? I dont think we should have to read something from it every year. I can see why we have to learn some about it, but all the stories are basically the same so what is the point??
Pd 5
I would have to agree with Dani once again it does seem like the book is just alot of words bunched together and none of it makes sense why doesn't he just speak real english instead of making it so difficult to understand?
Again I disagree with Danielle. Today we CAN relate to Shakespeare especially Iago. Iago=Will Erickson...Will is conniving, lying, and he enjoys doing it.
Period 5.
Honestly I can’t stand Shakespeare. I spend more time trying to figure out what is being said than what is actually going on. What’s the point of reading Othello if all we are really doing is watching the movie? Haven’t we been told throughout school that movies are completely different from books so we should never depend on the movie to help us understand what we are reading? I think Shakespeare is boring, mainly because every piece of his work that I’ve read has been almost identical with tiny differences. Take Romeo and Juliet… They fall in love even though no one wants them to and it causes a big dramatic storyline that’s unnecessary. In Othello, Desdemona and Othello fall in love even though no one wants them to and it again causes a big dramatic storyline. It would be easier to learn about Elizabethan times in a regular old history book than trying to figure out what Shakespeare is trying to say. I can’t even follow along with the movie half of the time because I get too caught up in figuring out what everyone is trying to say! It is a waste of time. You ask why not through out Anatomy and Calculus if we are going to throw out Shakespeare but Anatomy and Calculus aren’t required classes and you only take those classes if you excel in prior classes leading up to them. No matter what English class we take we are required to read Shakespeare at one point or another. I just can’t get into it.
I agree with the notes being way too excessive! Seriously 5 pages? Most of my notes aren’t even what I really wonder about. A good majority of my notes are coming from spark notes and I honestly don’t even understand them. I’m just trying to fill up space in my notebook with things I’m more than likely not going to look over and re-read. I don’t think notes in any class should be required. Some people just don’t take good notes and that’s their choice. I take notes in a lot of my classes but I hardly ever go back and re-read them. What one person sees as important may not seem to be as important to someone else. If I don’t think something is important what’s the point in writing it down? But if I don’t write it down my pages aren’t going to be as long so my grade is going to suffer?! I don’t get it at all!!
I didn’t do the last blog comment because I don’t understand the play enough to even attempt to try being one of the characters. How are we supposed to pose as something we don’t even understand?! Yeah watching the movie in class helps a little bit but honestly, how far do we have to go in order to “understand” Shakespeare. At the end of the week when we are done with this play the only thing I’m going to remember from it is that it was another one of Shakespeare’s love story messes where two people fall in love and everyone ends up dying. The bad guy wins. Get over it! Reading Shakespeare is like living in a predictable word. It’s boring. We learn from TV shows and movies these days because it is in language we can UNDERSTAND. Not in all of this mumble jumble tis thee none sense. When I just typed in the word “tis” Microsoft Word didn’t even recognize it… So how are we supposed to understand it?!?
the characters all fit well with the parts they play
No Mr. Christensen, most annyoing me is its language.
I disagree with Carmen. Why else would the school have us read Shakespeare every year in High school for no reason. It just doesn't make sense. Obviously we benefit from it someway or somehow. We may not understand it but i think we become more understanding of it every year. From reading Romeo & Juliet freshman year to reading Othello our senior year i feel i understand it much more than i understood Romeo & juliet so obviously we've been learning something from it. I believe we should keep shakespeare.
Pd.5
I also agree with Casey because this book isn't all that funny, like his usual books he has wrote in the past. Also agree with Ally without the movie we would be gone that is why this book is kind of ridiculous. I would way rather watch the movie. Some people may say I am an idiot for not like him but that is just my opinion, I believe there is alot of other authors that are just as good but don't get enough attention.
Spencer- Exactly the language was ONCE awesome but it isn't anymore. So it really isn't broadening or horizons by any means especially if we don't understand it.
Dani: Shakespeare is relatable, put the actors in Othello in modern clothes and if they spoke modern language you have a white woman married to a black man with her possibly cheating on him. Sounds like a plausible scenario in modern society. But I dont watch one tree hill so I guess I can't say for sure but aren't there any twisted and tangled love plots at all? possible infidelities?
movies sugar coat everything, they are almost always happy and end happily. Shakespeare shows us life and how life sometimes really does end. He teaches us lessons and morals. He doesn't give us the perception of this always happy ending crap because we all know it doesn't always happen.
Said by ERin Sudbeck
no pausing the movie is not annoying it helps out a lot more. You explain the confusing parts and help us understand whats going on, whats goign to happen, or simply what Iago is saying or his next plan. It helps a lot!
Yes Mr. C, I think it would be better if we didnt have to read that book. I do understand why we have to stop the film once and awhile to talk about it since its a grade and all. But without the movie id be lost.
p.5
Holly, I think there are some spots in the regular English 12 class.
Shakespeare is the man, he's the equivalent of my boy Ol' Dirty Bastard, they're both lyrical geniuses. Different eras, same gift.
pd 5
Mr.C
If you didnt pause the movie i would be a little lost because when you pause it you tell us more information that i really didnt even think about and it gives us the scoop of whats really going on.
I agree with Ally!
dani: if we study it then we will under stand it. it does broaden our horizons because we learn something new. and even though we do not understand it, we can all take something from it.
the book seems pointless, granted the movie doesnt point everything but the movie gives out of what is important and what is going on
p.5
What if we didn't get the chance to learn/read Shakespeare, or other challenging books? We'd still be stuck on the book "Everybody Poops".
Ally, if we didn't read the book and only watched the movie, we'd never learn to understand Shakespeare. It would defeat the purpose of studying Shakespeare at all.
If we stop read Shakespeare's books, then in the future, do you want people to not read about our book because of our langauge?
I agree with Derek. We have to keep challenging ourselves instead of just reading whats easy.
pd 5
derek if i wasnt in this class then last semester you would not have got any of the Ad presentation done =]
I also agree with Brittany F. because books do take us to a different place. But can shakespeare give us a reason to really get in depth and care because we dont understand most of it.
p.5
Very true, thanks Holly.
Nick--I agree, but can you articulate how/why ODB is a "lyrical genius"?
"happy ending crap"--well said, Alexa! I can tell you've studied advertisements, which promise happy endings and fantasies-come-true.
Holly T. might have made the best point yet: she would be much more comfortable talking/discussing/analyzing in a study of current films, shows, plays. That's what I and professors will beg for: your interest, participation, verbalization, and critical thinking. To speak about what you know is one of the best acquired skills.
we study shakespeare because its classic. we study classics. yeah it would be easier to study books that appeal to teenage life but dont these appeal to teenage life also? they apply for sure. and we wouldnt have gotten any of thoes books we want to read with out any of the work that authors like shakespeare worte. i am torn with him. i like his storys and i agree with a lot of the plots he portrays. i also enjoy how everything fits together. he has a nice way of tying things in. i hate the fact that we jump into the action but thats just a style thing. and its how all of his plays are and maybe he does it because hes a genius. idk why people hate his writings. i dont understand why people cant see his story lines. maybe its because they are too ignorant to understand them. or even they dont want to understand the plots so they say they hate it. people are often scared of the things they dont like.
I believe that shakespeare is good for us to all read. But i do believe that we should talk about it more to understand it more. the word usage is very complex and confusing and I find it hard to understand everything that they are saying. This causes me to wonder off sometimes just because the fact that I dont understand what there saying. For a person to understand what Shakespeare is saying I believe they would have to know old english fairly well. If people like a challenge in english Shakespeare is definitely they way to go.
i agree with baade because it is easier for us to understand with the modern day text but i also think that without the old text and language it takes away from the meaning. the significants of it being sooo oldd is not as cool.
pd 7
You know shakespeare is in ways kind of ridiculous in what he says and what he thinks, but he is right. I can see why he is called a queer because guys are macho and manly not lovely and thinking about life all the time, but deep within don't we all strive to be something better doesnt at times we look at our own selves and wonder who we are? So i guess he is sappy all the time but aren't we all at some point in time?... Its good to read these because its challenging. It almost means a little more because we have to stop and discuss and get other peoples feed back and really look into what he is trying to say. At taht point when you really dig and put effort into it it has an effect on you and makes you wonder about things in your life. So therefor its better because it is effecting you. We could watch love movies and life lesson movies but it really doesn't do anything because its the same ol same thing and it tends to go in one ear and right out the other because it doesn't have to be discussed because you get it you understand it right away and you no longer have to think about it and question it. Its like were robotically listening yeah we do listen and watch but it doesnt mean anything because its the same old love story with the same overall plot just a few twists. Shakespear has the same plot as others but is explained in deeper and more complex ways, making us have to really dig to understand and in turn really having an effect on who we are. So yes i do believe it is good we read shakespeare.
I believe that some Shakespeare throughtout a high school education is good. I think that at least a couple of his works should be read and analyzed in high school English courses. I don't enjoy reading Shakespeare but it is very beneficial and I understand that. The amount of analysis and thinking that a high school student needs to go through to understand Shakespeare is massive. I do think that Shakespeare was a very smart man. He understood people better than anybody else. He knew how the brain worked and how people thought. The reason so many students dislike Shakespeare is the language of that time period. It is foreign to us, so we therefore would rather not study it. If a semester long Shakespeare course was offered I would not take it. Shakespeare doesn't interest me enough, even though I know it is very beneficial to analyze.
I really agree with stephanie b because we are challenging our selves to learn and having a bigger impact on us.
Erica: plots ubsurd? soo in real life racism dosnt happen? in real life sucicide and death dont happen? in real life cheating dosnt happen? in real life people dont lie? in real life people dont fall love and do crazy things? in real life people dont hate others because of the family they are in? eveyrhting he writes applys. the exact plots might not be the same but the issues are.
Joe's right--Shakespeare knew people. His plays reveal a lot about the nature of good, evil, and everything in between. From prejudice to lust, Shakespeare gets it and can teach us all about ourselves.
P. 7
I can understand where a lot of students are coming from when they say Shakespeare isn't as enjoyable as some others. If we are going to study literature, why would we leave one out just because we find it useless and outdated? If we went by that logic, half out the things in Trigonometry and Calculus would be taken out. The point is, whether we like it or not, it is educational and we can learn a lot from it. We don't just learn about things like iambic pentameter, we learn about different cultures, words, and other important things we can use in our lives. Also, without Bill S., we would not have puns. Coming from a person who has played Lysander in A Midsummer Night's Dream, I have learned to appreciate Shakespeare much more than the average high school student. Performing his plays has given me a greater understanding of his sense of humor, tragic, and mastermind of the English language.
I agree with Thanh when he says that movies these days have lost their artistic value. Some movies could be mistaken for extra long commercials featuring a multitude of products.
leah I would have to agree. If people dont understand they tend to not like it. But on the same note if people here bads things about it, they will already hate it and wont even try to understand it.
yes, we should read the book, Othello, and other Shakespeare novels. This is because his work is apart of history we should learn. His language is hard to understand but yet very intelligent. I hope later on in life people in school will study about books written now and will respect them with as much as we do Shakespeare. I dont like reading Shakespeare but it is a challenge and i am expanding my knowledge. He is a genius and very intelligent, that is why we are still studying his work to this day all across the world. I dont think the language is relevant to today's world at all. Also so many people enjoy his work because they love english and love reading. Others aren't into english and are more English and Math based. People are just born and programmed like that. I think Shakespeare should be tought and given respect but we dont need to read more than 1 novel to understand his intelligence.
Joey has a good point that shakespeare was a brilliant man he knew everything about people and he tried to explain this to others, and we most likely don't like it because its different and is so hard but is so benificial at the same time... we can kind of go outside of the box and think which is good from high school transition to college
Sara, I agree with you too, I think it seems like midevil talk and it's hard to read/understand.
chase: so you wouldnt watch a movie with racism, death, love, and epic fighting scenes? sounds like every other movie that is out in the theaters today.
leah: yeah we should ready books that appeal to us to keep us interested. If we did it that way we would be more interested and get better grades. but Shakespeare doesn't apply or appeal to teenage life.
how does it apply to teenage life? to the point where you will kill your lover?
leah: yeah we should ready books that appeal to us to keep us interested. If we did it that way we would be more interested and get better grades. but Shakespeare doesn't apply or appeal to teenage life.
I must say that I do enjoy the movie Othello, but if I had to read the book I would have problems understanding what is going on without the visual being there. Shakespeare has had many well written and interesting pieces, but I would not go as far to call him genius. He is a man of words and has shared his ability for the rest of the world to read. There are many people in the world who have the ability, but don’t use it. Shakespeare is great because he has expressed his gift to others. In my opinion people who dislike Shakespeare have not given it the opportunity to truly understand it.
i think shakespeare is hard to read, and hard to understand, but with a little help it is not that hard. I dont Like it persay, but i think we need it.
7
I agree with Stephine on the notes. Five pages is alot. Some students can learn better without taking notes. I don't take notes in any class and my grades are decent. When i take notes i pay attention to that instead of what the teacher says or the movie thats going on. Im only doing the notes because i want a good grade in the class otherwise i would not do any. Also for the whole debate about shakesphere and getting rid of him or not in my opinion is that some is good too much is bad. Reading a play or two isn't horrible and ok. Reading too much of it and you get sick of it and it becomes a drag. Reading Romeo and Juliet was fun for me at Roosevelt but we did it by people acting it out and you watched and took turns acting it out. Plus my teacher was werid and made stupid jokes so i enjoyed it. To answear the main question We are not becomiong academically lazy just that class get full so you can;t learn as well and then you get frustrated and give up and take easier classes. Small classes help those that want to learn learn better than full classes where you feel embarressed to ask a question because everybody will look at you. For seniors some take easier classes because they want an easy senior year and others they want a challenging because of colleges and scholarships.
My comments aren't showing up.
I'm neither for nor against Shakespeare. Mention something and I'll gladly challenge it. I wrote to much and now I'm having writers block.
have you watched one tree hill mr c?
Chad i agree that going to plays wont make you like them. if you have the mind set of not liking it, then you will not change or like it.
i agree mallory with the ignorant people in this world, it is frustrating to see people do idiotic things or say idiotic things and have no idea what they are talking about, it pisses me off sometimes i just want to smack them in the face
i agree mallory with the ignorant people in this world, it is frustrating to see people do idiotic things or say idiotic things and have no idea what they are talking about, it pisses me off sometimes i just want to smack them in the face
To Arielle:
How is Shakespeare predictable? I can say that "chick-flicks" are predictable because I know there will be love involved. With Shakespeare, he wrote every different kind of genre. Yes, you have your tragedies like Othello, Hamlet, and Romeo and Juliet, but you also have your comedies like Midsummer, All's well that ends well, and the tempest just to name a few. It's not just about the ending, it's about what happens between the beginning and the "predictable ending" that make it great, in my opinion.
Shakespeare applies to teenage life in the aspect that Remeo and Juliet were teenagers.
TJ your right, we should have things in our classes that we dont use. It gives us veriety. It also will help expand our thinking then just what we need to know. If we would always just learn what we need to know, we would never expand our technology.
chris: i think that it does apply. all the issues that it covers are stuff that we deal with today. still. racisim love hate cheatting.
Period 7
My view on Shakespeare is that he was a language master. He knew how to take a simple statement and turn it into an elaborate, and sometimes confusing, piece of art. An example would be of how he uses such good comparisons (green-eyed monster to jealousy) and original wordings to create his plays. The good thing for us is that most of his wordings are still used today. He knew how people react in certain situations and also what people feel at the same time. He was a genius for being able to relate to others so easily but at the same time using language worded so that it made you work to understand it. I like watching movies or plays based on Shakespeare's original works; but I dislike having to decipher the sometimes perplexing lines while reading a play of his. I think that those people who can't stand his work are those who don't take the time to decipher and understand what is going on. You have to look back a lot and remember what happened earlier to understand the present.
Maybe we should watch/analyze/read the play slowly, then watch it straight through again (time permitting)
I'm lending "O" to students. Kristin Parker has it right now. You need to see it, really, but we won't spend all winter on Shakespeare. You need to move on to more collegiately relevant books like 1984 and Lord of the Flies, along with the finest novel ever written, Life of Pi.
I agree with Kaleb when he says that everything in moderation is good. Even though Shakespeare is very good for high school students, too much can kind of wreck it. After a semester of Shakespeare, some students might by extremely bored. If only one work is studied, then students might leave on a good note, having enjoyed their Shakespeare experience.
andrew: we might not kill our lover but we might go crazy in the thought of them cheating on us. or even we might hate them for it. or even dump them or try to get away. we deal with stuff just like the characters do.
I wish Shakespeare wouldn't have created the lable of "tragedy" because it can take some of the fun out of it if you know that something "tragic" has to happen. He could have just let everyone die but not told you it was going to happen.
Nice to see a language example, Tom. The "green-eyed monster that doth mock the meat it feeds on" is a great, visual, stimulating metaphor for jealousy, which we have all felt. I was once miserably jealous of Jon, who had every material possession he asked for. Then of Lars, who was dating Sara, the girl of my adolescent dreams. Then of Jason, who could play football like I could not. Then of Mike, who could coach football like I cannot. Jealousy is something we remember permanently--sad that we are such creatures, even though we think we are sophisticated, thoughtful, mindful entities.
I think some people are looking too deep with the themes of Shakespeare. Othello is partly about how jealousy and racism can toy with peoples minds into believing what's not really there. When Othello is told all the lies by Iago, he is blinded by rage and does not think clearly. I think it's safe to say everyone in this school has been "blinded" by rage or jealously.
Leah. so the play has things in common with today's society. yes pretty much all books do. but does Shakespeare APPEAL to today's society. I would say no. If most of us had a choice of Shakespeare and another book from our generation. I think the book from our gerneration would be picked more because it is more relevant.
I think that a class offered for Shakespeare is a good idea. This way the people that want to learn about his works can and the people who don't want to will miss out.
to leah
to an extent but we can't allow ourselves to get as bad as them because we are 17-18 there is alot of life before us, lots to learn, lots to experience.
Desdemona is not very old either--probably late teens.
karn: for once i agree with you. ignorant people are annoying.
i think chris is right on everything he says he is one scholar let me tell you :)
Alexa; we can't tell if Shakespeare will be liked in the future, his popularity is decreasing since his plays first came out, by the time our grandkids are in high school they won't even bother trying to get kids to understand this sort of stuff, and was Shakespeare a friggin bird? Did he see everything that happened, when people were alone in their homes, and when they were dying, every single person? He didn't write what happend, there isn't even 100%
proof that he wrote all of "his" work. The things that he wrote about, I can't apply to real life, but I'll try just for you dear.
Romeo and Juliet; Two kids, fall in love, get married against parents wishes, yada yada yada, they die, the end.
A Midsummer Night's Dream; Yada yada yada, something about alcohol and a party, yada yada, someone questions their sexuality, yada yada yada, yeah. that doesn't really apply to me either.
Othello; Two kids, fall in love, get married against their parents wishes, yada yada, i'd finish off this point, but we haven't finished the book yet and I don't want to get blamed for ruining the play. *cough*readthebackofthebook*cough* but yeah. I can't really apply any of that to real life.
I'm not picking on you, you know I love you dear. =]
Post a Comment